What's new

Rides in and around Tokyo in August

Ben Watson

Cruising
Jul 30, 2015
Hi all - I'll be staying in Setagaya from the 2nd to 22nd August and I'm keen to join any rides, sportives or races in and around Tokyo during this time. I see there's a regular ride on a Tuesday morning which I'd like to join, if that's ok, but any other suggestions would be most welcome? I'll be on vacation most of the time so week days and weekends are available! Many thanks. Ben

There are weekend rides posted too. Check out the whole Rides forum (click the tab in the menu up there ^)

I ride most week days on the Tonegawa and Edogawa, if you wanted to meet up for a flat river blast. We could work out where to meet if you were interested.

Cheers.

Great. I'll keep an eye on the rides forum nearer the time. I'll be staying near the Okura sports park in Setagaya. I've just looked on Google maps and it seems like the Tone and Edo rivers are definitely a guaranteed-to-get-very-lost distance away!

You are welcome on the Tuesday morning rides. I live in Setagaya as well and sometimes join the group rides that meet up along the Arakawa (river). If our schedules meet for one of those I can show you the way.

Hope to see you sometime in August!

Hi Grant - thanks - that would be great. Please do let me know if you're heading to the Arakawa - the chances are my schedule will be free! I'll aim to join the Tuesday ride next week at least. Cheers!

@Ben Watson do you have a GPS cycling computer that is route/ breadcrumb capable? If so, it would be a piece of cake to create some routes on "ride with GPS" or other software so you can follow a route to the meeting point.

Hi @leicaman - no, I don't have a decent cycling computer with me unfortunately but I can generally find my way. I do have my iPhone though if I get completely lost!

Back
Top Bottom