Rides around Saitama

IMHughes

Warming-Up
Sep 23, 2012
Perth
Hi all.

I live in Perth, Western Australia and will be visiting Japan in the first two weeks of October. Will be staying at the wife's family home in Okegawa, Saitama.

I have decided to take the road bike and do some exploring around the area, mostly day trips, but perhaps an overnighter (on a previous trip, I used a tourer with panniers for a longer trip up the Arakawa/Tonegawa through Gunma, Tochigi, and Fukushima). Anyway, I'd be interested in meeting up with any like-minded souls nearby for a ride if suits or for any general info about suitable routes (am interested in heading toward Chichibu).

Cheers,

Ian

onm

Sep 2, 2009
Hey there.

I am in Saitama also. There are always rides out into the mountains; check the posts my Yamabushi - he is the man for this sort of thing.

Cheers!

Bartek

Maximum Pace
Jun 28, 2010
Chchibu
ewaandbart.webtobiz.net
Hey.
If you are in Chichibu and looking for some quiet, mountain routes let me know. I might not be able to ride with you, depending on when it is, but I will be able to point you in the right direction.

Bart

IMHughes

Warming-Up
Sep 23, 2012
Perth
Thanks Bart. Very kind of you.

I'll PM you when I get to Japan.

Cheers

Hey.
If you are in Chichibu and looking for some quiet, mountain routes let me know. I might not be able to ride with you, depending on when it is, but I will be able to point you in the right direction.

Bart