What's new

RideJapan and the #worldeverestingproject

Adam Cobain

Maximum Pace
Jul 1, 2014
Ladies and Gents.

We are hoping the cycling tan-lines are strong as we head deep into summer.
The cicadas are at their peak and a weave into the shade is the best line to take.

This is a callout as something epic is happening on the 14th and 16th August on the slopes of Mt. Fuji.

RideJapan and Japan are lucky enough to host the first leg of the #worldeverestingproject. One man's (madman) quest to Everest five of the toughest climbs in the world. Five climbs, five continents, fifteen days. First up is the mighty Mt. Fuji's Azami Line.

http://www.lavelocita.cc/everest-world

Myself and Dave will attempt to Everest the Azami Line of Mt.Fuji. on the 16th August. That equates to 8 repeats of the 11km course that has a 10% average gradient. I am sh!t scared!

https://www.strava.com/segments/1536894

We welcome all riders to come and join us in our quest. Pain is dish best shared and it will be a long day/night. Do one Azami, do three, the choice is yours and it would be great to show Dave how good the cycling community is here in Japan. Myself having done one Everest (Dave has done numerous) it makes such a difference to have support out there, so if you have the time, come join us.

Additionally, we will be riding the ThreePeaksFuji course on Sunday the 14th August. Departing Lake Yamanakako at 5am for the 230km ride. Contact me for more details if you are keen to join us.

https://www.strava.com/routes/5608681

Whether we see you or not, have a great summer and keep the rubber on the road.

Best.

Adam

Holy feck. Best of luck on that piece of epic madness. Sorry I can't make it. Gambatte kudasai!

Oooh!!!! That looks like fun. If only I was on holiday on the 16th. Oh wait ! I am ;)

Not sure if I can make it there or not but very interested to hear the details. What time will you be starting? I have work on the 17th so need to get back home on the 16th. Hoping it will be something silly like a midnight start.

Oooh!!!! That looks like fun. If only I was on holiday on the 16th. Oh wait ! I am ;)

Not sure if I can make it there or not but very interested to hear the details. What time will you be starting? I have work on the 17th so need to get back home on the 16th. Hoping it will be something silly like a midnight start.

@leicaman Will keep you posted.

Doesn't look like fun! But good on you for trying. i'd like to join for a lap or two and to help out but thats a work day for me.

I might try and see if I can swing the 14th.

Do you guys have accommodation sorted for the 13th?

Good that it hurt because I was wondering if that was actually possible for you.
Now that I know you're human.....fcking top effort!
:D

Admit it , you just duct taped your Garmin to one of those buses that goes up and down the Azami line all day huh ;)

Looks like your HR flatlined doing that. Sorry to lose you, but it looks like it was worth it. Amazing stuff.

Back
Top Bottom