Ride to Narita

Mike

Maximum Pace
Sep 24, 2007
Kanagawa
Hi guys, I didn't want to ask but after exhausting all other avenues I have no other choice. I need to be at Narita Aiport by 6pm tomorrow to catch my flight home.

This is not because of the earthquake, as I had this flight booked last week and will be returning to Japan 10 days later. My mother was diagosed with Leukemia and will start chemotherapy from this Wednesday. I just can't believe what has happened since then....

I told her I probably couldn't make it and she started crying this afternoon on the phone. I've been trying to call Keisei bus, but no answer and their homepage is down. Same for Airport Limousine bus. My girlfriend called a taxi service but they are fully booked and with most trains not moving the situation seems hopeless!I had a travel agency do some research for me and they shook their head in disappointment....

So if anyone is driving that way tomorrow, or has time to drive me I'm willing to pay good money. Thanks and sorry for the hassle

FarEast

Maximum Pace
May 25, 2009
Yokohama
Mike, really hope you get something sorted.... me and Kaori would drive you but she needs the car for Hospital work.

Guys I can vouch for Mike that this trip was planned ages ago and he realy realy needs to get home.

kpykc

Speeding Up
Jun 13, 2007
Tokyo
Mike, is cycling there not an option?
You'll only have to leave your bike somewhere, or you can even pack it into a rinko and take on a plane with you, if they permit it at this time.

robsta

Cruising
Oct 5, 2008
Atami and Gold Coast
If you can not get a lift maybe try JR east (Soba line)from Shinjuku to Nishi Funabashi
Is maybe the closest to Narita airport you could get on public transport. I think still 40 klms from Narita. Would it be out of the question to cycle from there or even buy a mama chari in Funabashi and cycle to Narita and leave the bike there.
I hope you can find a lift. My thoughts are with you.
Rob

Mike

Maximum Pace
Sep 24, 2007
Kanagawa
That's exactly what I'm thinking about doing...riding from my pace to narita...just worreid about the crazy drivers experiencing road rage from all the traffic jams

robsta

Cruising
Oct 5, 2008
Atami and Gold Coast
If it was me I would set off really early. Go slowly to avoid any of the dangers of traffic. At least by bike you would have some control whereas in a car you will be at the mercy of congestion etc.
I would take plenty of food and fluids with you so you are not reliant on the local shops and maybe have enough in case the flight is canceled.
Rob

Sep 2, 2009
Let me have a word.

Hang on.

Not promising anything.

Will get back in a minute, unless the fucking power goes.

EDIT. OK, they are not answering their phone.

WIll keep trying, and get back to you.

My number is 08041 SIX 20297

Call me if I dont reply here in the next hour.

Cheers

Owen

Mike

Maximum Pace
Sep 24, 2007
Kanagawa
Let me have a word.

Hang on.

Not promising anything.

Will get back in a minute, unless the fucking power goes.

EDIT. OK, they are not answering their phone.

WIll keep trying, and get back to you.

My number is 08041 SIX 20297

Call me if I dont reply here in the next hour.

Cheers

Owen
Owen, I'm all set to ride so don't worry mate. Gonna try to enjoy it.

StuInTokyo

Maximum Pace
Dec 3, 2010
I'd give you a ride from Tokyo, but we are jammed up bad here, we are so busy and running out of everything, people are starting to horde stuff, and I have to limit what they buy. We are taking a friend to Narita on Wednesday, well my wife will take her, I have to stay and work. If you were going Wednesday, you could certainly go with, but, I'm sorry, we only have gas for one trip and back :eek:uch:

FarEast

Maximum Pace
May 25, 2009
Yokohama
Just to give you all an update he was able to get a taxi in the end.

Also Edogawakikkoman thats the exact same course I programmed my Garmin with for him

zenbiker

Maximum Pace
Mar 4, 2008
Chofu
The bus to Narita from Chofu is running more or less as scheduled.
Others are now probably the same. However, things could change.