What's new

Ride: Saturday 19th January

Philip

Speeding Up
Feb 15, 2007
Return to Deepest Musashi

Christoph and Thomas both have new bicycles they want to ride this weekend. I was unable to convince them to take their new bikes up to a cold and icy Yamanakako. Therefore, as they both missed last weeks ride to deepest Musashi (see: Back in the Saddle) we have agreed to 'Return to Deepest Musashi' (play scary music).

Anyone else care to join? Deej, Mike . . . ? ? ? (Travis I understand you are busy).

Be at Futako Tamagawa station ready to depart at 07:30AM. We should be back before 17:00.

Cheers,

Philip

Saturday

is no good for me, Sunday would be OK so cannot make it this time. Can you let me know the route through as I may follow in your tracks on Sunday maybe.

Have a good ride,

Charles

7.30?????

Would love to join you Philip, but you guys ride way too early for me. And it's so cold right now I might wait until March to start riding again. Have a great ride.
I can't wait to catch up with everyone again.

Pretty similar

I guess and also pretty similar to last weekend - no ?

Charles

Hi Mike . . .

Enjoy your hibernation period :D You should be ready to get out of bed a little earlier afterwards :p Looking forward to joining you in the Tanzawa mountains in Spring.

Cheers,

Philip

Charles . . .

More than similar - EXACTLY the same :)

Cheers,

Philip

Musashi redux

Hello Philip. I'm taking a buddy on his own "back in the saddle ride" tomorrow, though we haven't yet fixed any details about where to to ride. He's a strong rider but has been off the bike for a few months, so I think the full loop may be a bit much after such a long break.

If he's up for it, maybe we could hook up with you guys at the bridge like last week, then ride with you to the foothills.

Either way, I'll let you know our plans tonight.

Deej

Hi Deej . . .

You have my number - either call or text. Hope to see you at the same bridge as last week. Note we are starting 30mins later at 07:30AM.

Don't forget your chemical foot warmers :) I have purchased two new pairs of extra thick socks - the label says they are for alpine climbs with a picture of some guy in crampons climbing steeply through thick snow. If my feet get cold halfway up the Tamagawa I'm taking them back for a refund!

Cheers,

Philip

Philip and Christoph, thanks for last Saturday's ride into Chichibu. I enjoyed a lot despite the backaches during the second hillclimb. I really need to re-adjust my new bike. Also, the disposable body warmers (tsukaisute kairo) helped a lot. Thanks for joining the "Club of the Kairo-Carrying Weakies", Christoph! And thanks for the massage, Philip! :D

Great day out . . .

Thank you Thomas & Christoph,

I had a great time. It was fun to get back on the Christoph express. However, it was not all work and no play. I especially enjoyed laying around, shooting the breeze, in the sun at top of a chilly Karibazaka-toge. Thomas, your new bike Merlina is a real beauty!

Cheers,

Philip

Wish I coulda been there...

Sounds like it was a good day out on the bike, guys. Thomas, I'm sorry to hear your back was hurting a bit on the climbs. Hopefully you'll be dialed in by the next ride.

I had to settle for a quick ride up to the Beer Goya (which I talked about so much on our last ride) in Haijima and back. About 75K, headwind both ways. It was a light day, so I actually had one of the brewery's excellent Pilsners and a delicious plate of eggplant and mozzarella spaghetti. For those of you who don't know about this place, it is very cyclist-friendly and serves up some excellent microbrew. Here's the link to its website: http://www.tamajiman.com/english/koya.html

By the way, here's a link to a route I've mapped in Bikely that builds on the "Back in the Saddle" ride. Let's rock it some day: http://www.bikely.com/maps/bike-path/98169

Deej

Back
Top Bottom