What's new

Ride Ride Sat 2nd Aug

leicaman

Maximum Pace
Sep 20, 2012
Sorry for the delay. Here is one idea for a route. It's a little longer than I had expected so we can change it as we ride if we like (Possibly cutting out the Higashi chichibu dairy farm).

Meeting at the Spaceship at 7am
Distance- Longest will be about 190km if we do the whole route (as I don't have much time, I might not do the whole route).
Climbing- Full route would probably be around 2500m.

Here is the potential route

Last edited:
@saibot - cool. Check back around 10:30pm tonight for a route. I'm tempted at the moment to hit Shiraishi, stop at the pizza place then do a climb that I did a few weeks back with @Pedro and @WhiteGiant . I have to be home by 3:30pm so it's going to be under 200km. Not sure about how much climbing there will be yet but not loads.

Met up with @saibot yesterday morning for a very hot ride out to our usual stomping ground. As is always the case, there was a headwind on our way up the river then the wind changed directions for our return to give us yet another headwind.
We did a mellow ride over Shiraishi then down to the pizza place before heading on up to the greenline. Most of the climbing was in direct sunlight which pleased Tobias no end. The tree cover gave a little relief from the sun but it still felt quite hot. Descending the Temple climb, we decided to stop for some photo ops. Unfortunately we only had our iPhones so we had to make do.

Once at the bottom of the temple climb, we certainly noticed the difference in temp from the greenline. We rode back down the Arakawa towards the Spaceship. The heat was oppressive but Tobias later told me that he loved the last 10-20km ;) ......his favourite part of the ride apparently.

A few pics

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407022946.902134.jpg

Descending from Shiraishi

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407023000.231084.jpg

In the forest

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407023026.081549.jpg

How to keep cool in summer

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407023051.915968.jpg

How to keep cool in summer part 2

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407023081.299878.jpg

On the up

Back