What's new

Ride on Sunday

Noud

Warming-Up
Oct 22, 2012
Hi All,

A buddy of mine wants to go ride on Sunday. Some good mountain climbing.
He doesn't have access to his PC now hence I am posting on his behalf :)

He wants to ride this ride: http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/51426148
Distance: 107 KM
Pace: Moderate

Let me know if your interested in riding. I will forward to him.

cheers,

Noud

I might be interested in that ride, depending on scheduling, etc.

I don't know about your ability/fitness level, or if you have ever ridden this loop before, but this is a reasonably ambitious route. One area specifically deserves special attention. The descent from Arima Toge down into Chichibu while very scenic, is a well known tire slicer! Personally, I'd reroute around it, but if you're intent on doing it, I'd recommend that you be very careful there. Have fun!

I am quite experienced descending (on both road bike and MTB) but it has been a while and my fitness level definitely isn't peak so if I do go for the ride I would have no issues re-routing if necessary. Thanks for the heads up!

I am quite experienced descending (on both road bike and MTB) but it has been a while and my fitness level definitely isn't peak so if I do go for the ride I would have no issues re-routing if necessary. Thanks for the heads up!

It's not the difficulty of the descent that you need to beware of, it's the very sharp flinty tire eating debris generously strewn everywhere that's the culprit.

It's not the difficulty of the descent that you need to beware of, it's the very sharp flinty tire eating debris generously strewn everywhere that's the culprit.

I have to admit that I have no particular love for flinty debris.

Do you have a detour mind?

From that valley, there are only two real options. Climb Yamabushi-toge and then descend the backside to #299 to Chichibu, or climb Yamabushi-toge, and turn right for Shomaru-toge and Karibazaka-toge to the Green Line. Both are good, enjoyable options.

Back
Top Bottom