What's new

Help Ride For Tohoku - Charity Ride

jutaro

Cruising
Mar 16, 2009
Ride-for-tohoku3.jpg

In the wake of the Tohoku earthquake and tsunami, Pirate Coin Bike Shop and Kawagoe-BMX have organized a fund-raising event – Ride for Tohoku. The event will be on May 3rd in Tsurugashima (near Kawagoe City), Saitama. Participants will contribute 100 yen for each kilometer ridden (e.g. 13km x 100yen = 1,300 yen). The money will go to SxTxU (Support the Underground), a charity fund group helping people affected by the disaster. We have chosen this group over the Red Cross because they will act more quickly to allocate the funds to where they can best be put to use. At the time we cannot say exactly what the proceeds will be used for but after we hear from SxTxU we will post information about that.

The event is open to anyone and all types of bikes. Participants will meet at Pirate Coin at 10 a.m. on May 3rd and we will ride to the Hidaka Kato Farm about 13km away, where we will have lunch and fresh soft ice cream. Other fresh dairy products will also be available. There will also be an opportunity later in the day for an unofficial social meeting in Tsurugashima where we can talk about the event and bikes over drinks.

Anyone who is interested in promoting the event is welcome to copy the flyer image and post it anywhere.

Pirate Coin Bike Shop - www.pirate-coin.com

Kawagoe BMX - www.kawagoe-bmx.com

SxTxU - http://stu2011.blogspot.com/

Hidaka Kato Farm - http://www.geocities.jp/katoubokujyobaffi/framepage2.html

Thank you!!!

This sounds like a great event! Do we need to sign up or can we just show up?

Sorry for this post!

Just want to say thank you for posting on twitter about this event!

Thank you!

Thanks for letting everyone know about the event Jutaro.

I'll be there on the 3rd!

:cool:

Cool, I have a couple of friends in tokyo. And they are looking for a couple of more ppl to ride from tokyo to the event in the morning!
Do u want to get in touch with them?

Thanks for the offer Jutaro. That would be grand so long as they aren't too fast. I am planning to ride out to the event so it would be nice to have some company:bike:. PM me their details.

I wouldnt mind joining you guys for the ride out there too, can I get the details?

Contact Doubletrouble!
I gave him my friends numbers and email addys!

Cheers
Jutaro

Back
Top Bottom