What's new

Ride for beginners (Maybe Tsukui to Miyagase?)

Not that far for biginners... :warau:
The route going to be something like the following.

Start : 津久井湖 (Tsukui-Lake)
end : 宮ヶ瀬ダム (Miyagase-Dam)

http://www.google.com/maps?f=d&sour....587317,139.277029&spn=0.020591,0.050812&z=14

There is no Train Station near Tsukui-Lake nor Miyagase-Dam.
So, if you are anxious to find the route to starting point, come to the Hashimoto Staion of Keio-Line (京王線 橋本駅). I can go to Hashimoto Staion and meet with you.

Minoru

OK I understand.

That is a bit far for me to go for such a short ride.

I think my wife has something planned for us for Sunday, our daughter want to do SOMETHING for Golden Week :rolleyes: :D

Hope you have a great ride!

Cheers!

Nice to meet you, Minoru.
My name is Elie.

I'm also a beginner:bike:

I'd like to join you!
Please let me know when I should go to the start.

I also want to know if there is some landmarks near the starting point.

Hi Elie,

The exact starting point will be the following.

http://www.google.com/maps?f=q&sour....589001,139.284346&spn=0.002382,0.005558&z=17

The landmark is ... Lake ... Sorry not so many landmark around there.
I think the start time will be 10:00 at starting point.
How do you carry your bike? If you come by train, I can pick you up by car 9:30 am at Hashimoto Station (橋本駅) of Keio Line (京王線) and go to the Starting Point. Or if you plan to ride your bike to the starting point, we can meet 9:30 at Hashimoto Station.
Please let me know your plan :).

Minoru

I'm going to ride to the starting point. I would like to meet with you at Hashimoto station.

My bicycle is green Giant.

I hope it would be clear on Sunday!

Cool!
Please come to the South Side of Hashimoto Station around 9:30. My bike is Black/White Cannondale and just in case, I leave my phone #.

080-4329-1178

I hope the sunday is clear, but let's postpone the ride if it is rainy.
I'm looking forward to meet you on Sunday then!

Wow. I hope you guys have fun. I have work on Sundays, but with a couple weeks notice, I'd love to do this route... especially if it was a bit longer. Stu and I can negotiate a day to ride between the two of us pretty easily, but it'd probably be a Sunday... so if anyone who knows the route out there would be happy dragging a couple beginners around, We'd have a trip :)

(And I hope you guys have fun tomorrow~)

Edit... for those that know the roads... how would this be?
http://www.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...5.665874,139.453154&spn=0.043234,0.08935&z=14

Wow. That's an ugly URL.

Yesterday was a great day for riding a bike! :bike:
It was a little bit too hot for this season though.
We started from Hashimot Station and went to Miyagase. Then had a lunch and went back to Station.
The distance was not so long, but I beleive the distance was not too short for absolute beginners since the route contains several hills. :rolleyes:
As timdesuyo shows, I think maybe intermediate begginers can start at different starting point and meetup at Hashimoto, then go to the Miyagase and comeback.:)
I hope to have a ride again. Thanks Ellie, the ride was awesome!

Minoru

Hey,

If you ever do this ride again then let me know. I'm a beginner too and the route seems perfect. Shame I couldn't make it last Sunday as it sounds like you had a good ride.

Penny

Back
Top Bottom