What's new

Ride for beginners (Maybe Tsukui to Miyagase?)

Minoru

Warming-Up
Jul 31, 2008
Hi

I'm living in Sagamihara-Shi now and living in close to the Lake Tsukui.
I ride my bike around Lake Tsukui (Less than 20km) weekly basis. Sometimes I go from Tsukui to Miyagase (about 30Km+). It's pretty hilly, but I think it's a good distance for beginners (I'm beginner too).
Are there anyone who wants to ride with me some time (Hopefully beginner riders)?
Around the Lake Tsukui, there are free parking lots. You can bring your bike by a car, drop your bike and go.
If there were someone interested, please let me know. We will discuss about detail later.
Thanks in advance,

Just FYI, please see the following maps for the location of Tsukui and Miyagase.

Tsukui
http://www.bing.com/maps/#JnE9LlRzd...0LjUyNDM0MTM1OTU5MjklN2UxMzcuMzg4MDMxMDM1NjYy

Miyagase
http://www.bing.com/maps/#JnE9Lk1pe...1LjQ2MTMwMjI3MTUwMzIlN2UxMzkuMDQxOTg3MDYxNTAx

Mic (Minoru)

Hey Minoru,

Yeah it looks like a nice little ride.... I'm over the other side in Chiba so might head up sometime if its a late morning start...

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for your reply.
I'm a kind of lazy man who can't wake up early. :p
You are always welcom to come. I ride a bike there almost every week end. I usually start the riding around 10:00. But on the weekend you would come, I can change the time for you (or, for the other mates).:)

Oh, by the way, I also wants go to your place sometime to ride a bike. Please let me know if you know any good place to ride or when you want to ride with someone.:D

Miyagase

I live in Zama-shi and Miyagase is terrific fun. It's basically my default ride as I keep branching out and exploring. Highly recommended. Steep grades (12% in parts) and very few cars.

Anybody on the west side of Tokyo want to check it out?

Thats mine and Mikes usual hunting grounds, normaly pass on route to Yabitsu Toge and other pain fests.

I live in Zama-shi and Miyagase is terrific fun. It's basically my default ride as I keep branching out and exploring. Highly recommended. Steep grades (12% in parts) and very few cars.

Anybody on the west side of Tokyo want to check it out?

I am up for having a look at that.

Let me know when you are thinking about going.

(You on a CAAD9?)

yup CAAD 9; not that I would know any better but I love the thing.

At some point this weekend I'm going to roll to Tokyo to pick up a bike bag but I'm definitely going to make the climb up to the there this weekend at least once (doing loops on the flight line at Atsugi is more fun than running on an indoor track...but not by much).

Cool mate. I spyed the top tube in your picture.

EDIT: I have been doing very naughty things to the code of Chromium which stopped links from displaying. I see you already posted links up there. Thanks.

Will check out getting there. Nice one.

Hi guys,
You know what? I'm staying at Nagoya until the end of April for the business reason. No fun with no bike. :(
Once I come back to my hometown, I definitely want to join in the ride!

Gents,

sounds like a ride is in the makes! next weekend? I would call saturday. I have a route that's worked out from Zama, but I just got a bike bag and will travel.

Count: 1

Tommy

G'day. I too am a 'beginner' again. I'd love a 20km casual ride around the lake if there aren't too many hills - still getting used to them again. A cruisy pace would suit best. I'm in Machida (actually Sagamihara-shi also) and not too sure where that lake is. Will check it out on google maps.
Let me know.
Graham (gragra - newbie)

Hey Graham,
Sounds like you are my buddy. Actually the route to Miyagase includes some hills, but as I told, I'm totally not a serious hill climber. If the hills were too tough to climb on the bike, why don't we just walk. Additionally, If you come to Hashimoto Staion (Yokohama Line/Keio Line), I would be able to pick you up by car (if you can disassemble your bike though).
Anyway I'm still staying in Nagoya (until Apr/24th). I'll let you know onece I come back to Sagamihara.

Did you guys do this run?

Looks like a great ride out for me (another newbie); are you planning to do it again any time soon? I'd love to come along.

Cheers,

Jeremy.

Hi Jeremy,

Sounds great!
As I told, I'll be comming back this weekend
I have not desided the next ride yet. But I'll organize the ride as soon as come back. I'll let you know once the detail is decided.
See you soon!

Mic(Minoru)

Hi Guys,

I'm planning to ride on May 8th from Tsukui to Miyagase.
Are there anyone interested in joining the ride?
I think starting around 10 am would be good. I hope to have a lunch at Miyagase and come back.
This ride is totally for biginners. The route will have some hills but no one left behind.
Please let me know if there is anyone interested.

Cheers,

Minoru

I might be interested, how long etc and can you give me the names in Japanese so I can find them on a map?

I could get a bike bag and train it out to the starting point if it is far out of Tokyo.

Cheers!

<content deleted>.

Not that far for biginners... :warau:
The route going to be something like the following.

Start : 津久井湖 (Tsukui-Lake)
end : 宮ヶ瀬ダム (Miyagase-Dam)

http://www.google.com/maps?f=d&sour....587317,139.277029&spn=0.020591,0.050812&z=14

There is no Train Station near Tsukui-Lake nor Miyagase-Dam.
So, if you are anxious to find the route to starting point, come to the Hashimoto Staion of Keio-Line (京王線 橋本駅). I can go to Hashimoto Staion and meet with you.

Minoru

Back
Top Bottom