Ride for beginners (Maybe Tsukui to Miyagase?)

StuInTokyo

Maximum Pace
Dec 3, 2010
Not that far for biginners... :warau:
The route going to be something like the following.

Start : 津久井湖 (Tsukui-Lake)
end : 宮ヶ瀬ダム (Miyagase-Dam)

http://www.google.com/maps?f=d&sour....587317,139.277029&spn=0.020591,0.050812&z=14

There is no Train Station near Tsukui-Lake nor Miyagase-Dam.
So, if you are anxious to find the route to starting point, come to the Hashimoto Staion of Keio-Line (京王線 橋本駅). I can go to Hashimoto Staion and meet with you.

Minoru
OK I understand.

That is a bit far for me to go for such a short ride.

I think my wife has something planned for us for Sunday, our daughter want to do SOMETHING for Golden Week :rolleyes: :D

Hope you have a great ride!

Cheers!

Elie

Warming-Up
Sep 13, 2010
Tokyo
Nice to meet you, Minoru.
My name is Elie.

I'm also a beginner:bike:

I'd like to join you!
Please let me know when I should go to the start.

I also want to know if there is some landmarks near the starting point.

Minoru

Warming-Up
Jul 31, 2008
Kanagawa
Hi Elie,

The exact starting point will be the following.

http://www.google.com/maps?f=q&sour....589001,139.284346&spn=0.002382,0.005558&z=17

The landmark is ... Lake ... Sorry not so many landmark around there.
I think the start time will be 10:00 at starting point.
How do you carry your bike? If you come by train, I can pick you up by car 9:30 am at Hashimoto Station (橋本駅) of Keio Line (京王線) and go to the Starting Point. Or if you plan to ride your bike to the starting point, we can meet 9:30 at Hashimoto Station.
Please let me know your plan :).

Minoru

Elie

Warming-Up
Sep 13, 2010
Tokyo
I'm going to ride to the starting point. I would like to meet with you at Hashimoto station.

My bicycle is green Giant.

I hope it would be clear on Sunday!

Minoru

Warming-Up
Jul 31, 2008
Kanagawa
Cool!
Please come to the South Side of Hashimoto Station around 9:30. My bike is Black/White Cannondale and just in case, I leave my phone #.

080-4329-1178

I hope the sunday is clear, but let's postpone the ride if it is rainy.
I'm looking forward to meet you on Sunday then!

timdesuyo

Speeding Up
Mar 29, 2010
Tokyo
Wow. I hope you guys have fun. I have work on Sundays, but with a couple weeks notice, I'd love to do this route... especially if it was a bit longer. Stu and I can negotiate a day to ride between the two of us pretty easily, but it'd probably be a Sunday... so if anyone who knows the route out there would be happy dragging a couple beginners around, We'd have a trip :)

(And I hope you guys have fun tomorrow~)

Edit... for those that know the roads... how would this be?
http://www.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...5.665874,139.453154&spn=0.043234,0.08935&z=14

Wow. That's an ugly URL.

Minoru

Warming-Up
Jul 31, 2008
Kanagawa
Yesterday was a great day for riding a bike! :bike:
It was a little bit too hot for this season though.
We started from Hashimot Station and went to Miyagase. Then had a lunch and went back to Station.
The distance was not so long, but I beleive the distance was not too short for absolute beginners since the route contains several hills. :rolleyes:
As timdesuyo shows, I think maybe intermediate begginers can start at different starting point and meetup at Hashimoto, then go to the Miyagase and comeback.:)
I hope to have a ride again. Thanks Ellie, the ride was awesome!

Minoru

doubletrouble

Speeding Up
Jan 14, 2008
Nerima, Tokyo, Japan
Hey,

If you ever do this ride again then let me know. I'm a beginner too and the route seems perfect. Shame I couldn't make it last Sunday as it sounds like you had a good ride.

Penny