What's new

Ride Ride 2/19 Kawagoe, Tokigawa, Ogose

TheAussieinJapan

Maximum Pace
Apr 15, 2014
Hi all,

Ive been really slack, unmotivated and have hardly ridden at all this year. A mix of late shift finishes before a single day off, lack of two days off in a row, sickness, Winter Blues and staying At home with PS4 Days Gone are my excuses.

Since I rode 502km in a week for Festive500 I thought it time to get into riding for 2020 so will see if I can head up to Gelateria Hana (need motivation goal/destination) And will ride through Kawagoe, Tokigawacho, hills then back through Ogose, probably taking train back.

anyone interested? Starting from Hill Pines Espresso around 8am. Leaving Hikawadai around 6:30am.

I was planning on riding out that way myself tomorrow with the same plan for a stop at galateria Hana for a large size hot dog, if you don't mind me joining you.

I was planning on riding out that way myself tomorrow with the same plan for a stop at galateria Hana for a large size hot dog, if you don't mind me joining you.

Hi John, be great to ride again after our massive festive500 200km ride with those winds. I've never been all the way up to Hana but have been meaning to for a long time.

What time works for you? I was originally thinking of being at Hill Pines Espresso sometime around 8:00am. It's around 30km from me up to Kawagoe so a good warm up and perfect distance for a coffee break.

Hi John, be great to ride again after our massive festive500 200km ride with those winds. I've never been all the way up to Hana but have been meaning to for a long time.

What time works for you? I was originally thinking of being at Hill Pines Espresso sometime around 8:00am. It's around 30km from me up to Kawagoe so a good warm up and perfect distance for a coffee break.

Kawagoe is fine for 8pm. I haven't done this route before to Hana I normally start from Hanno up Yamabushi, always looking for new routes so interested in how this one pans out.

Kawagoe is fine for 8pm. I haven't done this route before to Hana I normally start from Hanno up Yamabushi, always looking for new routes so interested in how this one pans out.
Ok so let's aim for 8am in Kawagoe. I'm unsure of some of the route but thought I'd see how it turns out.

The ride by the numbers for all:

86.2km distance
1,359m elevation
Ma
5h 10m riding.
2,734 calories.
3°C lowest temperature
5-6 sections of closed roads
1 coffee ☕
2 sandwiches 🥪
3 muesli bars
1 bowl of udon 🍜

I think I'll be heading out to Ogose more. Super quiet station, lockers, restrooms, local store and vending machines at station.

Traffic is fairly light and some really nice country roads with options for gentle all the way to crazy climbs up to the green line in the area. I'll post when I do more rides.
6AAE1FFB-1F1D-4CC4-BF0E-44E7A0BFAF25.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom