What's new

Help Returning Lithium Ion Powered Lights?

CoffinDodger

Speeding Up
Dec 4, 2008
I bought a front light from Wiggle, 3 months later it's inoperable due to the switch having fallen apart. Of course they say to return it but

isn't there a problem sending things which have Li-on power sources? Do I just lie to Japan Post? I had a feeling they might check inside the box?

What do you do?

Okay totally unethical and I don't do this but if I were going to.

Buy the same thing on Amazon, wait a week and return the broken one to Amazon as faulty and claim a refund.
Eventually the manufacturer will pay for it.

Maybe it helps if you review a positive review the day after you recieve it, or maybe it doesn't, YMMV.

Japan Post will accept devices containing Li-ion batteries provided several conditions are met:
- The battery is installed inside equipment, such as a camera or phone
- The capacity of the polymer battery does not exceed 100 Wh (that's 20,000 mAh at 5V USB output)
- There are no more than two batteries in the package (e.g. two phones with internal battery).
The battery capacity must be written on the exterior container. There are a few more details, but in principle it should be possible.

In this case, it would also depend on what the British Post Office allows, as they will handle delivery, but most countries have similar conditions (e.g. US Postal Service) regarding Li metal batteries and Li-ion batteries.

Was it a knog light? I bought some in a wiggle sale and they've lasted about two minutes. One fell off my bike due to the screw to the rubber belt coming loose.

Back
Top Bottom