Request from members

Hi,
I am moving to Yokohama this August. I am coming next week looking for work for two weeks for spring break. I am coming from Akita.
I was going to bring my bike on the shinkensen with a bike bag, but now must travel by plane and can not bring my bike. Any bike rentals around Totsuka? Or yokohama station?
I am worried about trains service to get to some interviews. I am sure they will understand if I am late, but...
Also, I am looking for work either teaching english, or working in the design feild as I have a back ground in art.
www.michaelsammler.com

Any tips appreciated. Hopefully I will contribute more to the club after I move to Yokohama instead of always just asking for info.
Thanks a lot,
Michael

May 22, 2007
Kawasaki
halffastcycling.com
must travel by plane and can not bring my bike.
Forgive me if I'm wrong... I'm not sure whether you're just assuming you can't bring your bike by plane.

FWIW I've travelled several times with my bike as checked baggage, in a two-wheel-off Ostrich bag with some extra padding. (See below.) Pop the pads in a rucksack and cycle away from the terminal :)

Or maybe you could get a box from your LBS and takkyubin the bike.

Any bike rentals around Totsuka? Or yokohama station?
Depends what you're looking for. Not much in the way of rental bikes anywhere these days though. This may not be quite what you have in mind.

proxy.php?image=http%3A%2F%2Fimg850.imageshack.us%2Fimg850%2F5331%2Fflightready.jpg&hash=08f253ca8fa8a8f8c0044d2e4a7d7416