What's new

Replacement of faulty shoes

Jules

Speeding Up
Nov 8, 2009
The carbon sole of my Mavic Chasms (shoes) has separated from the upper. They are near 5 months in warranty still. The reseller, or shop, in the US tells me "The shoes are covered under a one year warranty, but the consumer is
responsible for taking care of all the shipping charges to the manufacture,
and back to you."

Is this true/standard globally or in the US. Am I wrong in thinking that the manufacturer or reseller would be covering the shipping charges...

I would appreciate any shared experiences or advice on the situation.

Jules:eek:

Sent a message

So I sent a message to the guy who runs the show at Mavic Nuetral Support. I will let you know what he says as soon as he gets back to me. He may be resting after doing the tour of espania so he may be a minute...

Shipping

Unfortunatly at the shops I worked at whenever there was a broken frame warranty or things of larger volume that needed to be shipped it was the customer who payed shipping. Sorry :( It sounds unreasonable I know! I always hated to tell customers this information but it was never my shop so when I do open my shop in 2012 I will handle shipping for warranty parts bought from my store.

I usually find that you cover the expense to get it to them and they will cover the expense to send repaired items / replacements back to you.

Make sure you get them insured and tracked so there are no "we haven't received them yet" claims.

Andy

www.jyonnobitime.com/time

Mfg warranty rarely, if ever covers the shipping costs from consumer to-fro. You can read your warranty and it probably expresses that. However - many retailers would pick this up as a matter of 'favor' to keep the customer on good terms. So, take your shoes back to where you purchased them. And, if they decline (as they seem to above) to deal with the claim on your behalf, simply tell them that you happily blog and exclaim to the world about their crap service. I'll bet you get your shoes fixed, pronto, and no charges either way. Afterall - a reseller these days is just needless middleware unless they provide some value-add like pertinent advise, experience or liaison with the mfg.

Thanks everyone for responding!
ProRaceMechanic - thanks for taking the time to contact Mavic Neutral Support and your comments.
Andy - insured&tracked is great advice.. my greatest fear is missing autumn rides waiting for shoes because of sly(t) misunderstanding.
Philip, you are right. I feel outraged that they would even ask me to pay! oi oi. what if losing a sole meant an injury.. or the other way around.
GSAstuto - it seems that yes, waging a social media leverage attack on the needless middleware may be the only way to get my shoes. in my last email i asked them to price the cost to the cent, said that i was horrified and would call mavic at haverhill myself to see if there was anyway to shave the cost of it. will drop updates in this thread.

cheers

jules

No word yet...

Have'nt heard from Mavic yet. I wouldnt hold your breath, if I remember correctly this guy keeps up on his emails so I guess my service with them was'nt enough to warrant a return email! Sorry for you and me! If I hear I will let you know.

Message Responded

So my guy at Mavic responded, but sounds like your OK now. He was happy to lend his assistance personally if you had problems with your dealer and seemed more than happy to help! Basically he suggested that you contact the seller again if they dont help he will then step in and help. I am guessing they will cover your cost of the price of the shoe towards the purchase of another Mavic shoe.

Good Luck

wow. thanks for following up. i (think) i am ok. last word is.. the seller is negotiating with mavic to have them cover the cost of returning the faulty shoes to the states. seller has no stock at the same spec level as the chasm. + mavic has no chasms. the seller has the avenir road shoes, kind of one step down from what i bought, so to speak. and told me he is trying to get new stock.. i am holding out. said that i would be happy with a road equivalent of the chasm. till then i am knocking around the hills in sneakers. it will make me strong. really appreciate your message, will update when the seller tells me the final score.
jules

Back
Top Bottom