What's new

Help Rental Bike Shop in Tokyo East or Chiba?

booker

Warming-Up
May 3, 2014
Hi everyone,

A friend and I want to ride around Chiba for about 5 days in May.
We're coming over from New Zealand and wanted to hire/rent bikes locally.

Does anyone have any connections with some kind of rental shop in the vicinity?
Road bikes would be awesome, but we are open to suggestions...
(e.g. a hybrid road/MTB, but not a mamachari! :p )

Thanks heaps for any help!
:)

b

(Ps: we cycled around Izu Hanto last year, but the road bike rental shop we used last year is no longer in business...)

Last edited:
We're coming over from New Zealand and wanted to hire/rent bikes locally.
Bring your bikes with you!? I flew Air NZ when I went to the Taupo Challenge. My bike flew for free - generous sports equipment allowance. And because it was in a flimsy bag rather than a sturdy case, they treated it with great care like the wheelchairs and strollers.

the road bike rental shop we used last year is no longer in business...)
It seems to be hard to make renting out road bikes pay in Japan.

Thanks Mike and Jo!
Yes, considered bringing bikes, but travelling a lot by train to other areas as well so it would be quite difficult...

Fingers crossed something will turn up!

Thanks!

'Ed' has also offered to meet us at the train station with the bikes!

The website looks good indeed.

But if there's also an explanation in Japanese, then either it's well hidden or my websleuthing skills have plummeted. Does Ed also cater for Japanese (more or less) monoglots?

The website looks good indeed.

But if there's also an explanation in Japanese, then either it's well hidden or my websleuthing skills have plummeted. Does Ed also cater for Japanese (more or less) monoglots?

I am thinking there is a wealth of information for the locals in the local language and as such, this tour might not be ideally suited to them but for the skinny on the organisation
http://www.japancycling.org/v2/jp/aboutus.shtml
Ed is Mr Watanabe
渡辺榮一

Back
Top Bottom