What's new

Help removing decals

TOM

Maximum Pace
Apr 9, 2007
I recently got myself a pair of Miche training wheels with white rims. I think they would look even nicer if I can get rid of the decals on the rim since they do not really match the frame's color scheme.

How can I get this job done cleanly and efficiently? I read somewhere before that one should use a hair-dryer...but I'm not sure at which stage....after peeling off the decals or before? Any other urawaza?

If its just a sticker peel it off then if your wife has nail polish remover use it on the glue residue on the rims.

If its just a sticker peel it off then if your wife has nail polish remover use it on the glue residue on the rims.

Tom, I did eactly what James' is suggesting on my HED wheels and had no worries at all. Goodluck with it.

Nail polish remover

...that's it !! Thanks James & Mike; will try this evening (hope my wife still has that stuff :D)

...that's it !! Thanks James & Mike; will try this evening (hope my wife still has that stuff :D)

Oh btw, I didn't use nail polish remover, or at least I'll never admit to something like that as I'm not married;)

[...]I'll never admit to something like that as I'm not married;)
Right. A bottle of acetone.

I find that WD40 (here Kure CRC 5-56) fetches glue residue off very well.

If it's hard to get the peeling started, or they tear easily, heating them up with a hairdryer can soften the glue and ease the process.

--HF Mike--

Depends on the glue.

Back
Top Bottom