What's new

Help removing decals

TOM

Maximum Pace
Apr 9, 2007
I recently got myself a pair of Miche training wheels with white rims. I think they would look even nicer if I can get rid of the decals on the rim since they do not really match the frame's color scheme.

How can I get this job done cleanly and efficiently? I read somewhere before that one should use a hair-dryer...but I'm not sure at which stage....after peeling off the decals or before? Any other urawaza?

FarEast

Maximum Pace
May 25, 2009
If its just a sticker peel it off then if your wife has nail polish remover use it on the glue residue on the rims.

Mike

Maximum Pace
Sep 24, 2007
If its just a sticker peel it off then if your wife has nail polish remover use it on the glue residue on the rims.

Tom, I did eactly what James' is suggesting on my HED wheels and had no worries at all. Goodluck with it.

TOM

Maximum Pace
Apr 9, 2007
Nail polish remover

...that's it !! Thanks James & Mike; will try this evening (hope my wife still has that stuff :D)

Mike

Maximum Pace
Sep 24, 2007
...that's it !! Thanks James & Mike; will try this evening (hope my wife still has that stuff :D)

Oh btw, I didn't use nail polish remover, or at least I'll never admit to something like that as I'm not married;)

Half-Fast Mike

Lanterne Rouge-et-vert
May 22, 2007
[...]I'll never admit to something like that as I'm not married;)
Right. A bottle of acetone.

I find that WD40 (here Kure CRC 5-56) fetches glue residue off very well.

If it's hard to get the peeling started, or they tear easily, heating them up with a hairdryer can soften the glue and ease the process.

--HF Mike--

FarEast

Maximum Pace
May 25, 2009
Depends on the glue.

Top Bottom