What's new

Notice Relocation to new data centre

thomas

The Crank Engine
Nov 1, 2005
Dear valued Members,

we would like to inform you of the impending move of our server to a new data centre. This has become necessary, as the current DC has been facing an ever-increasing number of DDoS attacks. The new DC will be better suited to deal with such attacks. Initially, this move was scheduled for the end of April. I have just been informed that it will take place this weekend!

What this means is that we will have to close the forum before the transfer of the databases will be initiated. Currently, I am unable to tell you how long our website will be closed but I shall update you once we know more.

As always, we apologise for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience and understanding!

A little update on the scheduling: our server transfer will start on Sunday, 8 March 2020, sometime between 09:30 and 14:30 Japan Standard Time (JST). We shall lock the forum a little earlier and expect it to remain closed until Sunday night.

First of all, my sincere apologies for the downtime! It has taken a little longer than expected.

What happened is that we had to wait for the domain propagation and then sort a few technical issues on the server. Unfortunately, I was out working all day yesterday (and already left home at 05:45 this morning), so I had to deal with all these issues on my mobile phone. Not an easy task when you have to rely on my phatfingers.

Once again, sorry for the delay.

Welcome back, TCC

First of all, my sincere apologies for the downtime! It has taken a little longer than expected.

What happened is that we had to wait for the domain propagation and then sort a few technical issues on the server. Unfortunately, I was out working all day yesterday (and already left home at 05:45 this morning), so I had to deal with all these issues on my mobile phone. Not an easy task when you have to rely on my phatfingers.

Once again, sorry for the delay.

お疲れ様です。

Back
Top Bottom