What's new

Recommendation on Anti-Chafing Gel

Greg2015

Cruising
Mar 8, 2015
What Anti-Chafing Gel do they sell in Tokyo?

I'm hoping to pick some up on Amazon.jp

Much appreciated.

The Assos stuff is available here. It's good, with a nice twinge of menthol. But overpriced IMHO.

My go-to product is Chamois Butt'r. I also have a tin of Bag Balm; it works well but I don't like handling it.

I've heard several people say they use Oronine, but I'm not sure whether they use it for prevention/protection, or for healing a rash once you have it, or both.

Thanks a lot guys. I don't mind paying a little money for something that works. So I will start with the Assos. Andy is that Oronain used after you ride?

I have the Assos and it seems fine for about 150km, but anything longer and things always seem to get a little itchy. I've also used the Rapha cream which doesn't seem to have the same itching effect.

You can pay ¥2400 for Assos bum cream or just go to your local drugstore and get a pot of baby's bum cream for about ¥400 ..... works just as well!

Just make sure you don't accidentally have a baby to go with the cream. That will end up costing you a hell of a lot more than if you had just gone for the Assos stuff in the first place.

I don't use anything. I got saddle rash once though and it was pretty stingy stuff. I used ASSOS skin repair to great effect to fix things up. I then used vaseline for a little bit before I got bored putting it on and went back to using nothing again. I did get a baby to go with things though and @TCC is right. They are a bit on the expensive side of things both on time and money. Enjoyable none the less.

(shouldn't this be summer topic, and not March?)

Some bibs make you want to have chamois and some don't...
I will however use Rapha Chamois with Rapha pant tomorrow for the first time together. I hope they are a happy couple..

Back
Top Bottom