What's new

Recall: Deda Zero100 Stem

Thanks for posting, I have a deda, I wonder if it is that model?

Users should know that Deda specs their bars and stems at 31.7mm , NOT 31.8mm - and the ZERO product is already at thinnest possible to reduce weight. So, what they did is actually beef up the clamp to prevent fracturing especially when used with 31.8mm bars (as is the most common available). As always - follow the mfg's specified torque and usage and you'll probably be fine. Bear in mind, METI also recalled about 10,000 mama-chari's because a handlebar steering tube snapped and the rider was injured. The cause? It was so rusted that the tube failed from fatigue and nothing more. Now if they'd only recall the thousands or so Taxis, then cyclists would be in a much safer position.

I use one of these, so will check it out and give feedback regarding the recall procedure, etc.

Anybody else using these, please post in this thread and let us all know who you contact regarding this, and what the recall system was.

Cheers

Thanks for posting. I don't have such a stem or anything remotely similar, but am interested to learn of a product recall website. (And in English, too. Well well.)

Recall procedure is pretty simple --
1) Return the endcap to the dealer you purchased from - or a dealer that sells DEDA. (Not the whole stem)
2) We (dealer side) collect them and send back to distributor (we use Kawashima or Takizawa, BTW)
3) Distributor sends us back a corresponding number of new endcaps.
4) There is some form to fill out to claim the recall.

Currently they seem to be out of stock - I'll check when they are back in stock again. And probably even talk to the Takizawa folks at Kusatsu directly - so I can bring this up.

This applies ONLY to the ZERO 100 series, by the way. NOT the Z-1 or other stems.

Didn't know you were a Deda dealer.

So, going by that, technically a person can walk into any Deda dealer and do this?

I use 3 of them! ;)

Owen, just to remind you, the one I gave you before to build a bike for a smaller rider was also Zero100.
If you're not comfortable to keep it in use, please claim for the recall and/or replace the stem.

Yep, remember it well and still owe you one for that! I will deal with that stem too, cheers.

Update; if you bought one of these stems from Wiggle, get in contact with [email protected] and they will help you send it back. Postage will be refunded. When they reply to you, you will get full instructions on how to get your money back / exchange it for something else, etc.

Took my stem cap into Y's Akasaka today. They have a box full and exchanged on the spot.

Yeah? Do you notice anything different with the new one?

Can anyone working at Y's comment on this?

Good info, thanks!

Were you able to choose which colour you got with the new one? Wouldn't mind getting a gold one :)

Just exchanged mine in Omiya SEO.

Took less than a minute. Seems all the Deda dealers are well prepared for this.

Info - they only had black, you have to fill out a form and you need to exchange the front plate AND 4 ti bolts. It is free of charge.

Back
Top Bottom