Review Really Big Bike Bag

poi

Warming-Up
Sep 2, 2019
Based on advice gained in my other thread,I am thinking of getting a regular full size bike and simply removing the front wheel and bagging it for train travel.However it seems difficult to find a bike bag big enough to easily contain a regular bike frame.Can anyone suggest an exceptionally large bike bag?

Reactions: Kangaeroo

poi

Warming-Up
Sep 2, 2019
Thanks.I would love to have the problem of a bag that is too big.For me it has always been the reverse.

MattRyuu

Maximum Pace
Apr 23, 2019
What size is your frame? I have a 52cm frame and had no problems with the Tioga bag sold on Amazon.jp for 3,888 yen. You have to take the front tire off and strap it to the top tube, seat post and one of the rear dropouts with the included straps but I think that is pretty standard. The only thing that sticks out is the seat and I just wrap that with a plastic grocery bag.

poi

Warming-Up
Sep 2, 2019
What size is your frame? I have a 52cm frame and had no problems with the Tioga bag sold on Amazon.jp for 3,888 yen. You have to take the front tire off and strap it to the top tube, seat post and one of the rear dropouts with the included straps but I think that is pretty standard. The only thing that sticks out is the seat and I just wrap that with a plastic grocery bag.
Actually I had a carry rack over the rear wheel of my Dahon Espresso which made it difficult to fit in any bike bag.I have not yet decided on what to replace this bike with.I really prefer to have panniers because I don't like a backpack on long rides.

Buckaroo Banzai

Cruising
Feb 5, 2017
I really prefer to have panniers
In that case, MontBell "Quick Carry" L is the way to go. It goes on over the top of the bike like a poncho. Same with the Giant Super Light bike bag XL, but it's sized like the MontBell M.

Ostrich has some massive heavy bags, but afaik, they're all zipper type.

Reactions: MattRyuu