What's new

Ready to roll out in Tokyo....

Brendon Soo

Warming-Up
Dec 13, 2013
Hi Guys & Gals,

I'll be arriving into Shinjuku tomorrow afternoon and would love to join you on any early morning rides during my 2 week visit. I've never cycled in Tokyo before and I'll be staying at the Keio Plaza Hotel.

Please let me know > I'm there provided it's not wet, there's not much traffic and the air is clean!

Best, Brendon Soomani (my Strava name)

Early morning = ±0ºC = nope

Early morning = ±0ºC = nope

welcome Brendon, I think tomorrow (the morning after the XMAS party) you might not get many takers. Mid Morning or later perhaps. Don't worry about HFM, he's been type cast as an actor for one of the dwarfs' in Snow White. Keep posting and there will be rides posted. It might help if you introduce yourself more. Experience, speed, racing and such forth. (No one wants to lead an unfit newbie into the hills and then have to hold his hand home after he discovers he isn't as up to riding as he thought).

Hey mate, come and join us At saiko anytime. Just got back from a relaxing 60km. Temp was -1 average on the garmin!

Left Mlac Peek "doin a few more"

Gents,

I'm an avid roadie from Sydney, Australia and use Strava to track all my cycling efforts (approx. 400km p/week).
Please follow me on Strava where my name is "Brendon Soonami" (I've since joined the Strava TCC club).
BTW, I've brought a brand new bike with me, so I've yet to "become one" with her and I'm looking to any opportunity to do so!
Looking forward to meeting you all on the tarmac this week!

Best, Brendon

Rolled out on my 1st ride in Tokyo yesterday with Grant T (aka John T) and absolutely loved it.
Clean air, quiet smooth roads and great company > no wonder Tokyo is a cycling mecca of Asia.
Thanks GT/JT!

Some nice pics!

Attachments

• 20131217_065957[1].jpg
    20131217_065957[1].jpg
    703.5 KB · Views: 47
  • 20131217_071527[1].jpg
    20131217_071527[1].jpg
    4 MB · Views: 51
This is the Helix OS Di2 in a custom pro level geometry and has the larger tubes that everyone claims is way too stiff. Actually yesterday was my 2nd ride on her and she is super stiff even under my rotund 80kg caboose. It has Helix tubes top, down and rear stays and is bright brushed finished with laser etched decals. I fitted a carbon bar and seat post to reduce vertical road shock on the hands and butt but fitted an aluminium stem and crankset to keep it laterally stiff for out of saddle efforts. It will take some time getting used to and hopefully it's a move in the right direction having divorced a full carbon sub 6kg Cervelo that was broken just sitting at a cafe!

A better picture of her when we stopped for some much needed sustenance at the 100km mark.

Attachments

• 20131217_100036.jpg
    20131217_100036.jpg
    283.9 KB · Views: 51
Nice crankset! The frame, meh:p! Surprised you never went with a Baum frameset seeing as you are an Aussie. Congrats on caning the Poms BTW.

A buddy has a Baum but I wanted something that looked different and offered a performance advantage. The Lynskey fit the bill and Xmas came early as she was only delivered last Friday after a 3mth wait. Looking forward to doing some kms on her over the festive season.

Hi Guys,

I just wanted to reach out to say thank you and wish you all a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
I'll be back in Japan soon and look forward to meeting you soon.

Best, Brendon "Soonami"

Japan.jpg

Sorry we never got to ride, turns out I had Influenza and was off the bike all week :-(

No worries Mr Blob > there's always tomorrow. Get well and see you on the tarmac soon!

Back
Top Bottom