What's new

Rapha Rides for Tohoku

Tijs

Warming-Up
Dec 29, 2010
Dear All,

As I am living in Japan just as you I am deeply worried by the recent events and the lack of support for the victims of the tsunami.
Now I found that rides are being organized for the japanese red cross by Rapha. So do what you love and help the people.
I tought that you as fellow Japanese citizen would be interested also.
You can find the details at the following location.

http://www.rapha.cc/rapha-rides-for-tohoku

Dear All,

As I am living in Japan just as you I am deeply worried by the recent events and the lack of support for the victims of the tsunami.
Now I found that rides are being organized for the japanese red cross by Rapha. So do what you love and help the people.
I tought that you as fellow Japanese citizen would be interested also.
You can find the details at the following location.

http://www.rapha.cc/rapha-rides-for-tohoku

kinda pissed off you are saying lack of support when my friends are working 24 hours a day with no days off, along with at least 4 other nations to deliver supplies and rescue our fellow countrymen up there.

please dont spread false facts :) k thanks!

I am sorry to be misunderstood. I did not want to say that the people who are helping are not doing all they can do.

@Tijs - I think the whole world is pulling for Japan. And, in fact, people are doing all that they can do. Millions of dollars of donations, the enitre nation mobilized. What more do you want? Remember, support does not have to belong to the law of mutual suffering.

Guys, calm down I think its a case that he is expressing what many of us are feeling right now and that he wants to do more and that the Rapha rides are one way of helping.

Remeber not everyone here has English as a first language!

Im glad he posted it! It was a fun ride and great to see all the cyclists committed to helping by a small donation and raising awareness. I think we'd all LOVE to do more - but physical participation by amateurs in recovery has costs, risks and logistics that are generally greater than the results by the professionals. So - the best we can do right now is keep ourselves positive and encourage more cash donations through whatever channels we prefer. Once things have settled down a bit the people up north will need on-hand help in the form of cleanup, rebuilding, planting, etc. I'm sure we could organize some work parties to assist in this.

Where the hell is the "Like" button?

Back
Top Bottom