Rapha is coming to town

leicaman

Maximum Pace
Sep 20, 2012
Asakadai, Saitama
So it seems that Rapha is opening up a new shop in Tokyo in 2014. Anybody got any idea where and when they will be open? Not that I would ever dream of buying any of their uber cool clothing of course.

GrantT

Maximum Pace
Oct 2, 2012
Setagaya
Just get a job there. They'll expect you to deck yourself out in all the new season's lineup every few months to wear it on the shop floor. Perfect!

(I looked online but couldn't find any recent info)

Dec 16, 2012
Tokyo
I asked someone at Rapha about this just the other week. The response was: "At the moment we do not have a permanent venue for a Cycle Club in Tokyo, however, it is something we are working on, so hopefully it will not be too long now."

Musashi13

Maximum Pace
Aug 27, 2012
Ichikawa, Chiba
I asked someone at Rapha about this just the other week. The response was: "At the moment we do not have a permanent venue for a Cycle Club in Tokyo, however, it is something we are working on, so hopefully it will not be too long now."
You asked at Rapha? Please elaborate!

At the summer satellite store Jaun(?) said they were looking for a site near Tokyo station. There were a few newer looking establishments in the area last time I was there but I'm hardly a local so I don't know if that's even a possibility. He also said they'd have another temporary place in but I didn't hear anything about that at all.

Dec 16, 2012
Tokyo
You asked at Rapha? Please elaborate!

At the summer satellite store Jaun(?) said they were looking for a site near Tokyo station. There were a few newer looking establishments in the area last time I was there but I'm hardly a local so I don't know if that's even a possibility. He also said they'd have another temporary place in but I didn't hear anything about that at all.
That's all the info they gave me, I'm afraid. I was enquiring about something else at the time and asked about a Tokyo club on the off chance. I'd be very happy if it was somewhere near Tokyo station, though - it's on my commute home!

joewein

Maximum Pace
Oct 25, 2011
Setagaya, Tokyo
joewein.net
Yeah, I know a few people asked about it in the summertime at the popup shop in Tokyo but I hadn't heard anything since then until I read about it on the Rapha website here http://www.rapha.cc/14-for-2014 .
where they write:

マンチェスター、アムステルダム、東京(春を予定!)、ロサンジェルスでのオープンが予定されています。
which says "...Tokyo (planned for spring)..."