What's new

Rainy Days and Sundays

Polymer Head

Warming-Up
May 13, 2008
The Carpenters did a similar version.

What did you all get up to? I was nursing the engine with Premium Malts and Awamori. That stuff is potent, have to squint even more every time I take sip :happy:

Recovered from a two-day jaunt down Boso peninsula. 300 km, rain on Saturday, coastal head winds and a thousand little hills meant I could kick back today and do absolutely nothing but engage in serious calorie replenishment. :beer2:

Decided to head home from Hakuba as couldn't stand waiting for the weather to improve. Better to waste the day sitting in the car dreaming of my next ride.
Tried to take a detour on the way home to inspect some fresh routes up in Hakuba for September but the road was closed. Got home in time for the Olympics closing ceremony too.

Brevet in Chiba

Recovered from a two-day jaunt down Boso peninsula. 300 km, rain on Saturday, coastal head winds and a thousand little hills meant I could kick back today and do absolutely nothing but engage in serious calorie replenishment. :beer2:

Phil

Did you know Brevet 300 would be taking place in September in Chiba? It will start from 22:00 Sept 13 with 20 hours time limit. Entry is due on August 30. You may be interested in this.
http://members3.jcom.home.ne.jp/aj-chiba/ It is BRM913.
I will be in.

Minoru Arai

Thanks for the link, Minoru!

I didn't know about the upcoming brevet, but I've been wanting to try randonneuring for some time now, and it looks like the Chiba group is very active.

I might be out of the country on work in early September, but if I'm in Japan the BRM914 on the next day (200 km) looks very interesting. I believe you have to start at 200 km and work your way up to the bigger distances, is that right?

Thanks again for the tip. Good luck with the 300 km!

Phil

I am also interested in these events. Audax is really big in the UK as you know and I have been reading about it recently. Would be keen to join you if you are thinking of entereing.

chazzer

due to storm clouds both on the actual horizon and my relationship, canceled the boso ride went for a run and then hit the study books.

hopefully the sun will come out soon...

The beat goes on

Let's see...

Taiko drum practice with other dads for the upcoming school summer matsuri, then a bit of lounging about the house, drinking good coffee and eating Campbell's minestrone soup and Ritz crackers for lunch and watching the U.S. men's volleyball team beat Brazil for the gold, then take the boys -- ages 5 and 7 -- out in the rain for some back-to-nature, get-in-touch-with-our-animal-selves cross-country running. Howling was involved. Then its showers for the guys, more good coffee for me, a spot of reading a really good book called "The Terror" while the boys watch Chibi Maruko and Sazae-san, then a delicious veggie teppanyaki dinner. Split a sugar-free happoshu "tallboy" with my wife. A little indoor soccer ensues, angering my wife as always but she's outnumbered, so. Brush the boys' teeth, prepare the futons, read them a couple stories, then fall asleep to strange and vivid dreams.

Back
Top Bottom