What's new

rain, rain, go away...

Not good. I've been sitting at work waiting for it to clear up a little so I can ride home. Looks like that's not an option.

Get used to it gents, it'll probably be like this for a month. I bought some rain covers for my shoes today so now I have no excuse not to ride. At least it's warm! Rainy season sucks but the only positive thing I can say is it'll make us all appreciate the sunny days more;)

Yeah, I got TOTALLY soaked today on the way home from work.

First time my bike has ever been wet.

Horrible.

Just spent the last 3 hours disassembling everything, drying, and putting lube back in, etc.

Basically alright now, but was not something I wanted to be doing.

Learned how my headset assembles though, so some good came from it.

Owen, you disassmebled and cleaned your entire bike because it got wet, sounds like overkill to me. I can understand washing the bike and degreasing the chain and cassette. I'm guessing you won't be doing much riding over the next 4 weeks after that 3 hour workout?

No desire to ride over the wet roads, cleaning the bike after every ride - I will be looking for some short periods when it's relatively dry, or not pouring at least.

I am also wondering if switching to running/jogging during this period is a good idea...I think I've tried it last year, but nothing beats riding in the hills

No desire to ride over the wet roads, cleaning the bike after every ride - I will be looking for some short periods when it's relatively dry, or not pouring at least.

I am also wondering if switching to running/jogging during this period is a good idea...I think I've tried it last year, but nothing beats riding in the hills

Come on Sergey, don't be shy! Care to join me on a ride tomorrow? I'm gonna head out late morning as it's supposed to be cloudy in the avo. I was thinking of heading to Wada, and climbing some toges in Kanagawa. Sunday I'll ride rain or shine.

Rainy Days.....

....sssuck.

Why can`t it rain between 2200 and 0400 and be sunny otherwise? Eh?

The ooouttrrrage!! :mad:

Ugh, you make it sound attractive, Mike :)
But I am not yet desperate enough to go out and play in the rain - this feeling usually comes after full 2-3 days of no riding at all.

If it stops pouring in the afternoon, I might venture towards Takao, though...

Come on Sergey, don't be shy! Care to join me on a ride tomorrow? I'm gonna head out late morning as it's supposed to be cloudy in the avo. I was thinking of heading to Wada, and climbing some toges in Kanagawa. Sunday I'll ride rain or shine.

Owen, you disassmebled and cleaned your entire bike because it got wet, sounds like overkill to me. I can understand washing the bike and degreasing the chain and cassette. I'm guessing you won't be doing much riding over the next 4 weeks after that 3 hour workout?

Mate, I poured about 200ml of water out of the frame, poured about 100ml of water out the wheels, took the headset apart to find visible water penetration, etc.

When I say I got wet, I really mean I got WET.

Leaving that inside a bike is only going to cause problems.

So yeah, I will not be riding in the rain on my road bike, for certain.

After a looooong week at the office, I was also disappointed to see a rainy Sat and Sun. I want to stay home and watch race clips (Beauce and Suisse are running this week) but my legs need a stretch. Riding in the rain can be messy, and "fun" (wet brake pads).

Owen,

Check the bottom of your frame (under the bottom bracket) for a drainage hole. If there's not one there, you should go to a shop and have one drilled. I had a hole but it wasn't drilled through so I had water accumulating in the frame. Now I have no problems at all. Rode in the rain for a couple of hours this morning - beats riding in the heat of August in my opinion.....

www.jyonnobitime.com/time

Andy

I guess somebody up there must have heard our complaints and granted a nice and cool weather for Saturday - just came back from a small Kazahari-rindo dash - felt good!
It is closed for some kind of forest cutting works, btw - the final 500 meters of the road are blocked by trucks, cars and workers - one could pass, though, if really wanted.

Now, there is a short section without trees from left side - very cool views!

My first descent from the steep side - the rims were glowing hot!

Went out to one-kan for a short spin after the last drop of rain this morning. It was good 太陽 even showed himself.

Since the weather forecasting here is very accurate, one can sneak out even during the rainy season. I've been using Tokyo Amesh (http://tokyo-ame.jwa.or.jp/) and JMA website to help predict these windows of opportunities.

One trick, without the need to drill holes, just invert the bike. ;-)

Just rode around MiyakeJima with my 7 year old daughter in pouring rain and heavy winds, you guys seriously need to apply liberal amounts of Rule 5!!!

She even told the marshals that she wanted to continue even with the offer of warm towels and the broom wagon. Watch out for the story in the Nikan Sports!!!

James, sorry to hear about the weather there. Hopefully tomorrow will be better. Looking forward to hearing about the race though.

Yeah Sergey, the weather gods were very kind today, not a drop of rain! Managed to get in 160km of great riding, hit Wada from both sides then went up past Uenohara Golf Club enjoying the views to Fuji. I love it up there, one of my favorite roads to ride, once you get past the concrete doughnuts that is:confused:

Back
Top Bottom