What's new

Racing/Cycling Goals for 2010

Phil

Maximum Pace
Sep 1, 2007
Just wondering what everyone's racing/cycling goals are for this year?

Mine are:

1. Sort out bike fit and avoid overuse injuries!
2. Actually complete a 300km brevet (see 1.)
3. Podium in a "D" race
4. Try to do as many of the east-side JCRC races as possible (NATS, Hitachinaka)
5. Now that the memories of the last one in 2008 have faded, do a couple of 4hr+ solo enduros
6. Don't puncture at Motegi 100km 2011
7. Maybe do the Saiko race, if for no other reason than to experience the scenery
8. Don't buy another bike :D:D:D

Some of these are a bit ambitious (#8 could be tough), and I tend to change my mind halfway through the year anyway, but in January all seems possible... What about everyone else?

You've got some good goals there Phil.

Here's mine:

1. Improve my hill climbing ability.
2. Get more saddle time and avoid sickness.
3. Compete for some JCRC races and join as many races as I can.
4. Of course, get to the podium in some races.

Oh, this reminds me of one I forgot:

9. Get below 80kg

(Jec, saw your new bike over on Bike Forums, by the way--congrats!)

Oh Thanks Phil! Thanks to my friend "nynihonjin" for giving me a great deal on the frame!

Good Luck on our goals Phil and I hope we can compete together again! (probably Hitachinaka, Chiba Seo Race, Motegi)

Ok here is mine:

Win JCRC series D or C class depending on first race of season
Win Tour Du Japon for D or C class.
Place in the top 3 in the King of Endurance (came 6th in the 5 hour solo 2009)
10 mile TT in under 20 minutes
Drop weight to 75kg by June.
Improve hill climbing stamina
Increase vascular capability to 10 on the Power Breate Sports Plus.

- climb,climb,climb
- cut 6 min. from my previous Kusatsu time
- O-toge under 1 hour
- Fuji HC under 1 hour
- finish SEO Festa race (otherwise my soul won't rest in peace)
- try a flat TT race (cycling or duathlon)

1) 1000km a month. (could fail that this month)
2) Tsukuba 8 hour (podium like last year)
2) Hitachinaka (podium like last year)
3) Saiko (podium like 2005).
4) Get that weight down. (this will probably depend on (1).
5) Get a new bike... (car loan expires in Oct).

If I ever get my weight right down to where it should be I'll start my racing career again in the hills.

That's about it...

All of them very high goals...considering my track record....

Edogawakikkoman, to get the weight down you'll probably need to do more than just ride as you may find that you turn fat to muscle and then build on that muscle.

I've started weighing and calorie crunching to assist in getting my weight down and I'm cutting around 1000 calories off my required daily intake to maintain my present weight while continuing to train this should allow me to rapidly drop the extra weight without sacrificing muscle.

Edogawakikkoman, to get the weight down you'll probably need to do more than just ride as you may find that you turn fat to muscle and then build on that muscle.

I've started weighing and calorie crunching to assist in getting my weight down and I'm cutting around 1000 calories off my required daily intake to maintain my present weight while continuing to train this should allow me to rapidly drop the extra weight without sacrificing muscle.

I go to the gym a fair bit... too much muscle as well for a cyclist...

1. lose the 4kg I found over the holidays.
2. Try to race once a month.
3. Finish in front of Jec!:D
4.Lose about 10 or better still 20 years!:eek:uch:

1. Health
2. Health
3. Health
I lost my health because of too much work on the desk, even holiday, and of course stress followed too. This year's aim is "Bring back my health and Find new job:warau:)"

Nice goals everyone. For me it is:

- Rest on my laurels of the championship wins last year :D and do not attempt it again
- Yet cycle sufficiently to keep my performance (the test will be whether I can again beat the fastest runner up to Moto-Hakone in the Ekiden on 2 January 2011:))
- Maybe a few races just for fun, but definitely no flat-course races (boring and dangerous:eek:)
- Explore the few :cool: rindos and kendos in the 200km vicinity of Tokyo (excluding Chiba) that I do not know yet
- A lot more bike rides completely away from Tokyo, especially in Kansai:bike:
- And finally: do not lose more weight :p

My goal is to cycle at least 1000K/mth while in Japan later this year. I hope to do more than that most of the time but I may settle in to WWOOF for a few days at a time.

Cycling goals - what an excellent idea ! Let me resurrect some from 2009 (and 2008, and 2007, and...).
In no particular order...

- Ride 12,000 km in 2010
- Enter my first ever bicycle race (ummming & ahhhing over Kusatsu right now...:susp:)
- A cycling/camping trip somewhere in Asia (it's been too long)
- Call in sick on sunny days; turn up to work with a tan :cool:
- Lose this mysterious 5kg that has attached itself to me over Christmas.

And last but not least:
- TCC forum: more posting, less lurking ...:eek:

Cheers
Steve

6000 miles this year, regardless. twice that if I can get the new workplace/living situation/bike commute set up come April.

have enough money to buy proper winter wind proof cycling pants.

perfect the perfect loogie and/or snot rocket to intimidate anyone who tries to run me off the road again.

hey koribeyer! that's why you come to Kitasenjyu, right? haha.:D
But arakawa CR is sometimes really dangerous because too many boys, girls, and even the old are across the course without the looking at around.
Anyhow, I hope to see you soon on the CR.

Well, six months into the year and time to take stock I guess, with maru/batsu...

1. Sort out bike fit and avoid overuse injuries!
2. Actually complete a 300km brevet (see 1.)
3. Podium in a "D" race
4. Try to do as many of the east-side JCRC races as possible (NATS, Hitachinaka)
5. Now that the memories of the last one in 2008 have faded, do a couple of 4hr+ solo enduros
6. Don't puncture at Motegi 100km 2011
7. Maybe do the Saiko race, if for no other reason than to experience the scenery
8. Don't buy another bike :D:D:D
(Edited in > 9. Get below 80kg

1. O So far, so good (key to avoiding overuse injuries is to not ride, it seems)
2. X (had to skip the Motegi brevet because of collar bone)
3. X (have to enter a race first...)
4. X (see above)
5. X
6. Still pending...
7. Still pending...
8. X (times two!)
9. X (accident layup + 2 weeks back home = above 90kg for the first time in 4 years!)

Batting 1 for 6 so far, with 2 pending. Still, 6 months to go.... How's everyone else doing?

Phil, bloody great idea!!!!

Ok here is mine:

1/. Win JCRC series D or C class depending on first race of season
2/. Win Tour Du Japon for D or C class.
3/. Place in the top 3 in the King of Endurance (came 6th in the 5 hour solo 2009)
4/. 10 mile TT in under 20 minutes
5/. Drop weight to 75kg by June.
6/. Improve hill climbing stamina
7/. Increase vascular capability to 10 on the Power Breate Sports Plus.

1/. FAILED :D
2/. FAILED :D
3/. Pending but my performance for the Itoigawa indicates that results should be good.
5/. I'm now 78kg but this seems to be a perfect racing weight, so jury is out on this.
6/. Much better than January but Jesus, Clay makes me feel like im not only go backwards but time has come to a standstill.
7/. Still pending.

Back
Top Bottom