Race Races - July 13 and July 15!

sean-e

Maximum Pace
Mar 4, 2019
大田区
Good find - I might do the Saturday 7/13 seven-lap crit. Which category did you sign up for?

Can't make the other 7/15 one (work).

prglewis

Warming-Up
Jun 2, 2019
I'm in the 10 lap one. I met some of the Rapha TCC guys (they told me about these races) and they have two riders doing that one, so I joined the same one. Come along, we'll have a good group!

I think (hope) they're flat, as far as I can tell.

sean-e

Maximum Pace
Mar 4, 2019
大田区
Wasn't sure if the 10-lap one was for people registered with JCRC/JBCF (not me), so I signed up for the seven-lap one. Should be fun (and short), see you there!

baribari

Maximum Pace
May 28, 2010
Fukushima
I am considering the one on the 15th because I wasn't able to start my race yesterday for dumb reasons,. However, I am seriously debating whether to do the beginner over 30 race or the sports over 30 race. It's a long way to drive to do such a short race. Actually, it's a long way to drive for anything because of how much tolls cost in Japan...

prglewis

Warming-Up
Jun 2, 2019
I joined the sports over 30 on that one! It's short but if we place well it looks like there is a second round after the elite race, so maybe some extra racing time.

GrantT

Maximum Pace
Oct 2, 2012
Setagaya
It's a long way to drive to do such a short race
There is a 3 hour enduro as well. 6 times the race time and 6 times the experience riding in a pack.

Edit, noticed you meant the Monday one. It also has a 2 hour enduro. Should be a wide range of entrants from E1/2 level to intermediate and beginners. It is early morning though.

Reactions: Kangaeroo

baribari

Maximum Pace
May 28, 2010
Fukushima
There is a 3 hour enduro as well. 6 times the race time and 6 times the experience riding in a pack.

Edit, noticed you meant the Monday one. It also has a 2 hour enduro. Should be a wide range of entrants from E1/2 level to intermediate and beginners. It is early morning though.
Good point. I think I'll enter the enduro for shits and giggles and training and then go all-out in the shorter race.

I wish they gave a steeper discount for multiple entries. I have paid less for more track time in my car with only 20 people on the track, much less a bicycle race with 100 people riding at a time.