What's new

UPDATE Quote In Conversation (PM)

TCC

Tokyo Cycling Club
Jun 30, 2013
Continuing the upgrades to the quoting system, all users are now able to quote from a post in a thread into a conversation (PM).

As with every update, your feedback is appreciated regarding usage, bugs, etc.

Thank you.

You asked for feedback.

1. I note that I cannot quote myself in a conversation - the option does not appear in posts I have made.

#1 Like Quote Quote in Conversation

2. Honestly, I think this is function clutter. It takes up a lot of screen space in every post (except my own posts!) for a function that I will rarely if ever use and which was fairly simple to work-around anyway. Maybe people have asked for this. Maybe most people send a lot more PMs than I do, and need to add quotes in this way.

Thank you for the feedback.

To address your points;

-Should the feature remain, would adding the ability to quote oneself be necessary to complete the system, do you feel?

-This takes a lot of space on your screen? Are you viewing the forums on a regular computer monitor, or a mobile device? If possible, would you be able to post a screen shot of any space issues you are having since this update went live.

Thanks

-Should the feature remain, would adding the ability to quote oneself be necessary to complete the system, do you feel?
Yes. But I probably like the sound of my own 'voice' too much anyway.
-This takes a lot of space on your screen? Are you viewing the forums on a regular computer monitor, or a mobile device? If possible, would you be able to post a screen shot of any space issues you are having since this update went live.
It doesn't take up a lot of space on the computer screen, in the grand scheme of things. It's just my feeling that, based on how often I imagine actually needing it, and how straightforward it is to achieve the same result without this feature, it's punching above its weight in terms of screen space consumed. (Longer than the other three links combined.)

#1 Like Quote Quote in Conversation

Back
Top Bottom