What's new

Quote function

Sibreen

Maximum Pace
Jul 23, 2010
There used to be a fantastic function whereby you could highlight a part of someone's post, and a "quote me" button would pop up. You could use this multiple times to quote short snippets of a number of different posts instead of manually editing a whole bunch of text.

Has this been discontinued, or is it simply me doing something wrong?

Has this been discontinued, or is it simply me doing something wrong?
Definitely one of those or something else. (It no longer works for me either. I suspect admincompetence.)

I suspect admincompetence.

What do you mean by this? Incompetence on my part? Do explain your thoughts here.

@Sibreen The highlighting quote system is currently disabled while we move across to the new version of the forum software; it was difficult to get working correctly in the current version, so we wanted to make sure the everything works with the latest update before we activate it again, as it was a feature that had a habit of messing things up in certain browsers if not dealt with correctly during upgrades. It will return shortly.

What do you mean by this? Incompetence on my part? Do explain your thoughts here.

@Sibreen The highlighting quote system is currently disabled while we move across to the new version of the forum software; it was difficult to get working correctly in the current version, so we wanted to make sure the everything works with the latest update before we activate it again, as it was a feature that had a habit of messing things up in certain browsers if not dealt with correctly during upgrades. It will return shortly.
Just noticed you posted this reply at 3:26 this morning. Do you ever sleep? Thanks for all the work you do on this forum. It's greatly appreciated.

Notice.

The quote function is now re-activated. As far as I have tested it, it works OK with the latest system update, and will remain active unless major issue is found with it.

It there are any problems, please post them up.

Thanks.

The quote function is now re-activated. As far as I have tested it, it works OK with the latest system update, and will remain active unless major issue is found with it.
Works great, thanks for all your hard work on TCC Nigel.

Back
Top Bottom