What's new

Question about inner tubes


Jul 16, 2011
I am new to cycling and a bit confused which inner tubes for my bike should I buy. The tire says it's a 700x32.
But there are so many different types. If you have any recommendations like a brand or so, please post the link!!

Thanks for the advice and safe riding to you!!


Maximum Pace
Oct 11, 2009
Basically any 700c tube will work. 32 is pretty big - so I'd go for the larger tubes - Panaracer, Vittoria, Schwalbe, Conti, etc. They're all fine. They'll be marked like "700x28/42" or similar. Only thing you might consider is the valve type. If you use the 'car type' you can get air more easily at , well, gas stations , etc. Most enthusiasts, though, use the Presta or 'French type' - which is smaller diameter and you'll generally need a small adapter to use with Gas Station air nozzles.


Speeding Up
Jul 23, 2011
Panaracer (probably the most popular JP brand, can be more expensive but supposed to be good, make stuff for racers) tubes have a range of sizes.

The box says something like W/O 700x23-28C or W/O 700x18-23C

The first # (700) is the size of the rim and the second is the range of widths (as you can see from above both cover 23C- the width of my tire).

The assistant at the store told me to get the later one as it weighs 65g as opposed to 75g (save 10g per tube).

Ya, in Japan there are 3 valve types:
Presta (French, many road bikes use em), Woods (English, used on the usual JP commuter bike) and Schrader (gas station, car type, popular in the US).
On many tubes you get a choice of valve type and the length of the valve stem.

Scroll down to see "Woods valve" and a pic of all 3:


Maximum Pace
Oct 11, 2009
I hate those Dunlop valves - about the same as Lucas Electronics IMO.
Top Bottom