What's new

Pro Contract

armmewitharmony

Maximum Pace
Mar 10, 2014
Well there you go, congratulations!

You've done the time, made the sacrifices, fought your way through the pain and agony and they've offered you a professional contract - sport of your choosing.

Mid pack fodder, but pro fodder, you will make enough to build a comfortable life for you and your family but not millions and gagillions.

So salaries being relatively equal, length of pro career basically the same and options to continue on in the industry about the same, what pro sport would you choose?

How many would choose cycling?

Ironically, cycling is the one I spend virtually all my allowance on and then some, and all my free time doing g and I do it for free.

What is up with that??

Darts cause I'm fat.

Ha! Darts cause it's totally aaawesome you mean!

Well I'm short (ish?) o god I hope it's stiill ish as opposed to full blown, and there's not a whole lot I can do about that but fat we can manage... so there you go I've put myself in a more sympathetic situation than you - and as you know, it's alll about me 😂

But yeah, in this fantasy you're not fat. You're geared to do the sport of your choice at the highest level - cool fantasy right??

Wouldn't wanna be a pro cyclist. Running at 100% for every ride doesn't sound too fun to me.

However if I can be an athlete, I'd choose swimming. No real reason why. I just like it and used to swim competitively. Like a first crush I guess?

Wouldn't wanna be a pro cyclist. Running at 100% for every ride doesn't sound too fun to me.

However if I can be an athlete, I'd choose swimming. No real reason why. I just like it and used to swim competitively. Like a first crush I guess?

Well sorry but don't think there's no pro swimming - you'll have to retract your statement and pick a real sport 😆

Edit: and WTF! Where are the hoards rallying behind these poor swimmers - swimming salaries and tv coverage should be on par with other sports that are also tough. Geez!

Jesus Christ kid @tigerkamen I can't tell are you (bein a smartass) fuckin with me right now😛??

Wraslin ain't a sport and neither is The Ice Capades! But both are pro I suppose...

Are you riding yet or just bored? Maybe cabin fever? :)

Could be cabin fever, could be enlightenment, could be a whole "bevy?" (never used that word before) of things - but thx for asking

Still not riding - doc hasn't cleared broken bone in back of neck yet, regaining mobility and pain going down however, basically feeling 70-80%? now? Thx for asking. Perhaps out of jail by the end of next month?

Hoping to be back in business by fall when it's sane to ride again.

Could be cabin fever, could be enlightenment, could be a whole "bevy?" (never used that word before) of things - but thx for asking

Still not riding - doc hasn't cleared broken bone in back of neck yet, regaining mobility and pain going down however, basically feeling 70-80%? now? Thx for asking. Perhaps out of jail by the end of next month?

Hoping to be back in business by fall when it's sane to ride again.
All kidding aside, hoping you get back on the bike soon. Be nice to ride again with you.

I'm just messing around. don't take me too seriously.
Get better soon. would like to see you out there!

I'm just messing around. don't take me too seriously.
Get better soon. would like to see you out there!

Nooo! You're supposed to say "you know I'm fuckin with you old man your a joke it's like the undertaker vs Steve O" or some shit like that and then I say *yoire and you get all mad 😡

So well and anyways to answer my own question (well who the fuuuck actually cares then) *in my best trailer park accent to show this is not how I personally feel, I actually am interested in my own answer - I think I'll take pro golf.

Individual sport not team.

Don't think I could take a pro team sport, and in golf I could maybe see a bit of the world and it's pretty chill. The wife could probably handle hanging out on the road and there wouldn't be much wild partying or lady type hangers on type distractions and people'd probably be into having some drinks and hanging out a bit.

Well if I had kids it wouldn't be ideal to be away from home all the time. What pro sport stays in the same area most of he time though? Nothing comes to mind.

Any sport (even motorsport) - I would be back on Superbikes if I could. However for reasons, I will most likely not be back on a racetrack again.

A close second would have me back in Baseball.

As another Jockey Wilson lookalike (with Eric Bristow aspirations), the darts is tempting, but it would have to be Major League Baseball. There are few other sports where you can be a career .200 hitter and become a multi-millionaire never needing to have a meaningful job again. Cycling would be great, but I'm too much of a pussy and too dumb to not get caught when I dope.
Incidentally, all top Australian swimmers are professionals, and I think you'll find that's the case in most other countries, too, so @tigerkamen don't give up on your dream!

Any sport (even motorsport) - I would be back on Superbikes if I could. However for reasons, I will most likely not be back on a racetrack again.

A close second would have me back in Baseball.

WSBK / Moto GP / F1 would be in the top three choices for me. Maybe a test driver role would be the best fit? Why is it you can't be around tracks - don't need to elaborate of course but I'm curious - a sad reason, crazy reason, embarrassing reason, health reason, a standing up for something reason, what's the deal?

As another Jockey Wilson lookalike (with Eric Bristow aspirations), the darts is tempting, but it would have to be Major League Baseball. There are few other sports where you can be a career .200 hitter and become a multi-millionaire never needing to have a meaningful job again. Cycling would be great, but I'm too much of a pussy and too dumb to not get caught when I dope.
Incidentally, all top Australian swimmers are professionals, and I think you'll find that's the case in most other countries, too, so @tigerkamen don't give up on your dream!

Aah, @tigerkamen can take it, he's not a wuss 😳 .. I hope?? lol

You mean professional (swimmers) in the sense that the elite may have endorsement deals and/or appearance fees right?

Pro baseball seems like it would be cool, I'd have to go with pro hockey if it comes right down to it even though I've almost completely lost touch with pro hockey since well, Japan 😮 wow

Things really are so different now in every way now that I think about it.

Last edited:
WSBK / Moto GP / F1 would be in the top three choices for me. Maybe a test driver role would be the best fit? Why is it you can't be around tracks - don't need to elaborate of course but I'm curious - a sad reason, crazy reason, embarrassing reason, health reason, a standing up for something reason, what's the deal?

Health reasons. 5 years with no major accidents... my last year, I was collected in 2 other people's mistakes, then one of my own. End result is three cracked helmets and some broken bones. The helmets is the issue, couple that with several previous concussions and I have memory loss, headaches, etc.... all of which are still a part of my daily life now. I have given up snowboarding, skiing, and pretty much any contact sport to prevent things from getting worse. The only risk I continue to take is mountain biking. Luckily - I have only smacked my melon a couple times in the past 6 years on the mtb. None of which as severe at my 2006 season on superbikes.

Health reasons. 5 years with no major accidents... my last year, I was collected in 2 other people's mistakes, then one of my own. End result is three cracked helmets and some broken bones. The helmets is the issue, couple that with several previous concussions and I have memory loss, headaches, etc.... all of which are still a part of my daily life now. I have given up snowboarding, skiing, and pretty much any contact sport to prevent things from getting worse. The only risk I continue to take is mountain biking. Luckily - I have only smacked my melon a couple times in the past 6 years on the mtb. None of which as severe at my 2006 season on superbikes.

Sorry to hear that, I've only been on the track a couple times in actual fact but I do fantasize about being able to do it way more often (money currently the main obstacle to that - it's a dangerous and expensive pursuit for a non professional)

By the way by superbikes does this mean actual superbikea??

Back
Top Bottom