What's new

Help Power gels etc

CoffinDodger

Speeding Up
Dec 4, 2008
not for me, but my kids play soccer 5-6 days a week and consume a huge amount of this http://www.weider-asia.com/sg/energy.html stuff:

which on investigation seems to be an Asia market exclusive. This is the stuff the coach recommends apparently. If I was buying in bulk from an outside-Japan source, do you reckon it could work out a little less spendy?

aware of the weight though

Save yourself a ton of cash. Your kids get all the nutrients they need for a 60 minute soccer match from daily food. All they need on match day is regular food and water, OK a sports drink if it makes them feel like a sportsman and it will stop cramps.Kids soccer games up here are 15 minutes a half, practices are longer but at a lower intensity. Seriously there is nothing "special" in them. We use the weider for when the kids are feeling sick and have no appetite. For real sports you can't beat real food. Put it to them like this, You can have a jelly everyday or 30,000 yen to buy any strip or boots you like every new season. You'll still save money.

Wholeheartedly agree with @kiwisimon . Whole foods are far better than that rubbish. Kids shouldn't be eating that cr@p (and neither should adults).

Agree as a sport nutritionist it's ridiculous that the coach is saying this kind of thing. In fact by using these products you could be setting your children up for ill health later on in life, especially dental issues.

My son players football (soccer) and he plays on water/Mugicha and rice balls with some sugary snacks thrown in when he has a tournament, my 10 year old daughter plays basket ball on the same and there is absolutely no way I would agree to letting either of them use these products.

Sounds like we could build a soccer team of TCC kids. My boy is off to the prefectural champs this weekend and they made it to the finals tomorrow.

Hm, really? Here's a photo taken at my Sayonara ride after we left the Seven Eleven at Takaoguchi with lots and lots of TCC'ers.:)

large_1004SayonraRideMob02TakaoJelly.jpg

Hm, really? Here's a photo taken at my Sayonara ride after we left the Seven Eleven at Takaoguchi with lots and lots of TCC'ers.:)

How many kids were there that day? I'm guessing your sayonara ride was longer than 60 minutes? BUT well played!:clap:

Well here are the stats from his Sayonara ride:

Distance: 166.73 km
Time: 5:58:09
Elevation Gain: 2,231 m
Calories: 7,903 C

Oh and let's not forget we did a TT up Wada Toge and then a group start race up to Kubo tunnel - but yeah fair play Micheal we are complete hypocrites for using energy gels.

Back
Top Bottom