What's new

Power bar

massa

Warming-Up
Feb 22, 2008
Do you guys carry power bars with you? If so what's for and which one or alike do you recommend? And where do you find them to buy? :confused:

I get mine through the US, one of the guys in the US office comes back every quarter and I get him to order them through an online health and sports company as they are seriously cheap. Love the Coconut ones!

In US, I carried a Powerbar or Cliffbar or two all of the time because lack of food stops. In Japan, I've stopped carrying because of combinii's.

On a side note, a Powerbar saved my spine a few years back. I was struck by a car doing about 60kph from behind while I was stopped at a red light on my bike (sitting on my top tube) in California. The bike, seatpost, and seat rails were titanium, and the seat and post struck my back. Seat post was bent, and seat itself was toast, but my back was fine - thanks to a powerbar that absorbed/spread impact.

The Weider Energy gel packs that you can buy at konbinis and drug stores are pretty good. The cheapest price I've found for them is 145 yen per pack at a drug store; they're about 200 yen in the konbinis. (But if you're at a konbini, an onigiri would be cheaper ;).)

One thing I want to know is you guys are paying attention to ingredients powerbar made of. In other words, whether they are intoxicating and harmful or not. :confused:

Check out Odawalla bars. Very good stuff. I carry the super protein bars with me on my rides.

James

You can always make your own bars from natural unprocessed ingredients.

James

I made a batch with my daughter a few months back and they are great. Didn't have the time to conduct the Kcal test on them but my last batch gave off something like 550kcal per bar.

I can post the receipe if you want and tips on how to make them the same consistancy as powerbars.

I made a batch with my daughter a few months back and they are great. Didn't have the time to conduct the Kcal test on them but my last batch gave off something like 550kcal per bar.

I can post the receipe if you want and tips on how to make them the same consistancy as powerbars.

Can you post please? And also, where do you find your ingredients?

Back
Top Bottom