What's new

Potentially my first road bike

Nsylver

Warming-Up
Mar 20, 2012
Old Bianchi powder white with blue, appears to have Weinman gear? Posting photos later, off to sleep.

Bait out there, hook not quite set, and off to sleep...? :)

DSC_0052-4.jpg

Bah, yeah, seller offered for 350 USD including shipping to Japan. Thank for the repost on bad image link.

If I were to put a different/new groupo on this, which one would you use? (keep in mind a university student's budget).

I wouldn't - why would you want to?

In fact I would start hunting around for the same era Campagnolo parts!

Same era Campagnolo parts sound expensive the lbs near me advised going Shimano Ultegra in Japan. Unless someone has same era Campagnolo parts laying around?

Did you just buy the frame or did you also get the parts that came with it? If it came with all the parts in the photo I really wouldn't bother!

Also I would go Shimano 105 over Ultegra cheaper yet just as good in my opinion.

If you are going to replace part I would strongly suggest checking this shop out:

http://www.sagamicycle.com/

I don't think anywhere can beat those prices right now!

Bike comes as is in photos, all parts included.

leave it as it is, all you want to do is ride it and keep your money for a better new bike. That is a good first bike and you'll learn how to be a mechanic on it as bits wear out.

Totally agree - absolutely no point in purchasing new parts for this bike, its perfect as it is!

leave it as it is, all you want to do is ride it and keep your money for a better new bike. That is a good first bike and you'll learn how to be a mechanic on it as bits wear out.

Sounds good! I'll go that route, thank you everyone for the reccomendations. Whas it typical to have the shifters down on the bar like that?

New tyres
New brake pads
New bar tape

Then ride, ride, ride it. No point spending big bucks on a bike like this. Enjoy it, get fit, then it can become your pub/shopping/commuting/turbo trainer bike when you get something more modern.

I agree - there are no 'bad parts' on there at all. You'll just want to put on a modern chain, new brake blocks, cables and clean everything. It will ride fine. If you want a retro 'project bike' , then better to look at something that started out in life as a Campy bike.

Totally agree - absolutely no point in purchasing new parts for this bike, its perfect as it is!

Back
Top Bottom