What's new

Post your Youtube favs...

it has finally happened. can't believe these guys. reckless? illegal? obnoxious? amusing? a breath of fresh air? decisive yes to all from me

new generation mentality

it has finally happened. can't believe these guys. reckless? illegal? obnoxious? amusing? a breath of fresh air? decisive yes to all from me

That is just sad. As if Logan Paul wasn't bad enough...

Totally reckless, putting others at risk for ratings and cash.

I have seen plenty of videos like that shot all over the world and I found them entertaining. But seeing this in Japan made me cringe … my inner Japanese politely said "Please don't do this, don't you see all the 迷惑 that you cause?"

But seeing this in Japan made me cringe …

yeah, a bit like cycling where it's easy enough to descend, but difficult to climb, human relations, social and cultural norms etc. are all very hard to advance, but can easily regress from a higher plane, if undermined. so I see where you're coming from for sure.

I was just excited to see Sam in Tokyo after all the other locations, but don't want to condone their behavior. latching onto trucks etc, when most of the risk is borne by themselves, is bad enough, but endangering pedestrians who are in a weaker position compared to a cyclist, should be a clear no no...

Bombing down the slope next to those steps onto the sidewalk below and through the pedestrians there, then across the zebra crossing past the mother with a pram and a baby (you only see it briefly before they cut to a different location), somebody shouting at them angrily...

Somebody just had to be in the wrong place at the wrong time and move into their path, not expecting anything of this speed on a sidewalk and a disaster would have happened. Excluding those two idiots, nobody in that video was a paid stuntman who had agreed to participate in high risk action in return for money. This is beyond ridiculous, it's criminal.

As far as I'm concerned, these idiots can risk their necks as much as they want on a parcours closed to the public, but if they do it on public roads and sidewalks and other public places they should have the book thrown at them.

new generation mentality

As long as there have been people of privilege, this mentality has always existed. It's just people like you and me who can't get away with murder (or causing grievous bodily harm, as could easily have happened here).

If you want to show off your skills. And show off a location. Then the DM approach is the way to do it.

Difficult in Tokyo maybe. But like Joe says no excuses for putting others at risk.

Andy

This guy does some good videos on anatomy / stretching. He's a lecturer at Swansea and his delivery is a bit on the whimsical side. I quite like him.

NB. He's actually got a video on gait that I'm keen to watch but I haven't got around to it yet.

Last edited:
I heard they lost their contract for their jobs and will be sent back home.

And the video has been taken offline:

Good.
I didn't think it was cool at all.
Sillyness seems to be taken over the world of common sense these days.

Maybe he could have been less hit and run
and some could be a bit more considered in their criticism.

It was entertining and no one got hurt except a few feelings. Seems like you can chunder anywhere in Tokyo with impunity but have some harmless fun on a bike and Dog help you.

(I) will never do such things again

So perhaps they got the message?

in your country!

...not really. :(

These stunts upset me not because they did them in Tokyo or in Japan, but because he did them near unaware, non-consenting pedestrians. I don't care what country these guys travel to for shooting these videos to make money, as long as they put third parties at risk they should be stopped and punished.

OK, so nobody got hurt this time. But if you keep behaving recklessly, nobody gets hurt only until somebody does. And then what?

Back
Top Bottom