Possibility of Titanium Frame Realignment in Tokyo and Used Frames

HeirBnB

Cruising
May 21, 2013
Hello,

I recently discovered upon squeezing my rear wheel into my frame that the dropouts are a few mm closer together than they should be. The wheel now rests too close to the non-driveside. The frame was squeezed together in transit from Tokyo to Moscow or Moscow to Barcelona. I contacted the manufacturer in Chattanooga, TN. They can realign the stripped frame and also clean and re-decal it for a reasonable fee. What I am interested in knowing is whether anyone knows of a bicycle shop in Tokyo that is qualified and able to realign a titanium frame so that I can be back on the road more quickly.

Any comments or suggestions are appreciated greatly. Incidentally, I read a forum thread suggesting buying a spare frame to ride while the frame is being repaired. I like to work with Cycle Paradise Shops for used bicycle goods. However, I wonder if anyone knows where to get a great used frame in Tokyo?

Last edited:

andywood

Maximum Pace
Apr 8, 2008
Niigata
I guess it's a Lynskey?

Lynskey repaired my frame, new brush, decals, seat clamp, bolts etc. I honestly thought it was a new frame when it came back.

Worth sending to them if it's not too expensive. Only took a turnaround time of a week or so.

Andy

www.jyonnobitime.com/time

andywood

Maximum Pace
Apr 8, 2008
Niigata
It was done for free under their lifetime warranty. I just paid postage this end (they paid return postage).

Litespeed also have a lifetime warranty. But it may not cover it if you have mentioned that you damaged it in transit. Under regular use only I would guess.

Andy

www.jyonnobitime.com/time

George5

Maximum Pace
Oct 16, 2014
What did they quote as a repair? I would hesitate to use anyone outside of Lightspeed as it could make null and void any further claims. Might be time to grab a cheapie frame to ride while yours is stateside.