What's new

Portal for Japanese bike stores?

mr tim

Maximum Pace
Mar 11, 2022
Am looking to get a Wahoo Rollr and I'm sure there's a better way for searching for a Tokyo bike store with one in stock than Google or checking local stores online individually. Some kind of Kakaku for Japan bike stores?
Thank you

Your best bet is to simply order one online or get one via Ys.
Wahoo also has there own online store.

Not aware of any single bike shop in Japan with online inventory except for perhaps Y`s or Trek/Specialized.

A good idea, but most small bike shop owners are pretty old school.
Not sure they often know what's in stock at their stores....

Fun fact: you can be nice to your LBS and order through your LBS for the price advertised on Wahoo's Japanese page. It will be delivered directly to you, but you pay your LBS. I like that.

My LBS has one to try out but I don't think he has any inventory, as he only has room for half the bike in for repair. half the bikes are pulled out every Moring. He keeps a low overhead as he can get most parts within a day or two.

Not aware of any single bike shop in Japan with online inventory except for perhaps Y`s or Trek/Specialized.

A good idea, but most small bike shop owners are pretty old school.
Not sure they often know what's in stock at their stores....
Finding one online in Japan is the challenge. Plenty a month or so ago for about 110,000 now I'm seeing nothing yet listed at 132,000. Wahoo fitness has been out of stock for the same duration too.
I'll drop by a couple of Ys road stores in person tomorrow and see.

Fun fact: you can be nice to your LBS and order through your LBS for the price advertised on Wahoo's Japanese page. It will be delivered directly to you, but you pay your LBS. I like that.
Yeah I'd like to support local, but it's a mission checking them individually, hence my post.

My LBS has one to try out but I don't think he has any inventory, as he only has room for half the bike in for repair. half the bikes are pulled out every Moring. He keeps a low overhead as he can get most parts within a day or two.
Sounds good. Trying without being able to buy tho... like looking at a cake and not being able to eat it.

Hello yes, as @OneForTheRoad mentions intertec do have them in stock. I think they even supply the Wahoo site and others too. Last weekend I emailed a handful of stores and despite what their websites said they all had stock. Buying via Rakuten will earn you between 3,000-6,000 points.
Mine arrives tomorrow :) Just too darn cold out so looking forward to some warm rides during winter.

The official wahoo site stuff ships from Taiwan.

The intertec site inventory is warehoused locally. The rakuten stuff would be from intertec as well....

Loads of non-interesting info in my head.

Back
Top Bottom