• Yes

Votes: 35 74.5%
  • No

Votes: 12 25.5%

• Total voters

onm

Sep 2, 2009
Hi

OK, ignoring any issues you may currently have with design, items, colours, etc., when all this gets sorted and is to everybody's satisfaction, how many of you think you will be ordering the kit?

I know this is a pretty open ended question, reliant on a variety of factors, but I need to know rough figures in order to work out pricing, which I will of course relay back to you all once finalised.

So, please check the poll included in this post, so I can get the ball rolling with pricing, numbers, time-scales and all that.

Cheers,

Owen

Thanks for the reply trad.

Don't worry, this is not an order sheet, nor does anybody need to give any preference to order choice; merely trying to get a rough head-count.

Keep the votes coming.

I have the figures from last years kit order, which I will summarize later, to give you some kind of comparison on interest.

Thanks for the hard work Owen.

I'll be having a regular long sleeved jersey minimum, and what extras will depend on what is available.

Cheers!

I probably won't be ordering anything this year, unfortunately. My cycle wear drawer no longer has physical room for extra stuff, so I need to wear out some things first... :(

I answered "No" but would definitely buy a winter weight long sleeve jersey and a wind/ rainbreaker.

Voice of Dissent

I think that the coolest part of having a club jersey is when we gather in numbers and all ride in the same jersey. Having yet a third version just waters this down. We will end up looking like a motley crew.

I wouldn't mind ordering a spare short-sleeve jersey if the design remains the same.

One suggestion, if we have to fixate on a new design is to to a winter edition. A real winter jersey wouldn't need to keep the colors or design of the current jersey since almost everyone will be wearing tights instead of the current shorts.

Anyone agree with this?

Aaron

I hear what you are saying, Pucci, but there are a lot of new members who have expressed an interest in getting the team kit, who either missed out last time, or did not even use the site.

Let's not get into a debate about design here (there is another thread in the pipeline which you will be able to express your feelings in). This was just posted to gauge interest, and the figures are saying that people would in fact buy a new kit.

Now, there are a number of options for making this kit, and whatever route we take is not going to happen over-night, so this is definitely going to be a next year thing.

Please if anybody else you think would be interested or not has not seen this thread, I would appreciate it if you could point them in this direction so I can get a decent overview of numbers.

Let's say, I am going to deadline this to the end of the week (Friday, 18th November 2011), to gauge interest. At this point, the majority is the direction we go in.

Cheers.

Owen

Maybe there should be a "maybe" button. :rolleyes:

I already have two TCC jerseys and would only be interested in a jacket of some type.

K

Owen,

I will only vote yes for ordering if there will be an item that I want to buy. But if I must vote now, then it will be no.

K

Astroman does raise a good point. I've refrained from voting because as it stands the answer is no. But if the design changed to something I liked and within a reasonable price range then the answer would change.

OK

As I have said already, the reason I need to know how many people are interested is to work out time scales and pricing.

If people are saying that they will only vote yes if the price is right creates a chicken and egg situation.

Hi Owen,

I feel the same - just yes/no is not enough, so I don't vote.

How about adding more options:
are you interested in buying new team kit?

- yes, anything will do, any price is ok*
- yes, anything will do, if the price is good
- yes, but only if design is different, any price is ok
- yes, but only if design is different, and if the price is good
- yes, but only if design is like this year, any price is ok
- yes, but only if design is like this year, and if the price is good
- yes, but I need specific items (not bibs and jersey), any price is ok
- yes, but I need specific items (not bibs and jersey), if the price is good
- no

This might give you a better picture. But now, my vote is more "no", than "yes"

* any reasonable price

OK, ignoring any issues you may currently have with design, items, colours, etc., when all this gets sorted and is to everybody's satisfaction, how many of you think you will be ordering the kit?

If this was too subtle for you all, I apologise.

Listen mate.

There has already been a thread asking you all what kind of items you would like, should the new kit get made. Lots of people answered in that, and the requests have been logged.

This was merely a general head count, which I needed to figure out basic pricing, and to also see which items would be the most viable, given what everybody mentioned in the other thread.

That is all.

This is not a process which gets done in a day, especially as I also have a day job and a lot of other stuff that I do.

The next stage would be to launch the design phase, in a separate thread, which we would all work on.

To say that this is pointless, after all the work that I, and others have currently put in, is a bit much.

Listen mate. [...] To say that this is pointless, after all the work that I, and others have currently put in, is a bit much.
^ Agreed.

Designing and making jerseys for HFC, unilaterally without consulting, as I do, is hard enough. Bravo for Owen et al. and their democratic leanings.

(They'll grow out of it, don't worry.)

Detractors: give him his ball back, and play nicely.

Back
Top Bottom