What's new

Planing a Alleycat Race! Need help!

jutaro

Cruising
Mar 16, 2009
Hello everyone!
I am planing a Alleycat race around Omiya and Kawagoe! Who is interested in helping?

I plan to start at Sonic Plaza (Omiya) and end up at Kawagoe Sports Park.
The checkpoints will be:
1. Fust Speed Shop
2. Arai Cycle Shop
3. Tortois Addict
4. Over-Do
Than Finesh at Kawagoe Sports Park and have a BBQ party there!
This is my plan.

Who wants to help putting it together???
Contacting the shops.I probably can contact most of the shops. Coz there all around my house or my workplace.
Looking for possible sponsors.
Contacting Magazines.
Printing Flyers.
etc....

Cheers
Jutaro

good idea but drop the word "race" for "ride". Racing on streets is frowned upon. Seriously, racing amongst traffic is a silly idea.

good idea but drop the word "race" for "ride". Racing on streets is frowned upon. Seriously, racing amongst traffic is a silly idea.
Why?
I raced Monster Track in NY. And it`s really fun! I think I stay with "race". Coz I like to have prices for the first 3. And one price for the last one.

Cheers
Jutaro

Why?
I raced Monster Track in NY. And it`s really fun! I think I stay with "race". Coz I like to have prices for the first 3. And one price for the last one.

Cheers
Jutaro
Matt Manger-Lynch had fun. No bike shop will touch this if you call it a race. The police will touch you!

No names will be anounced. If the police asked how set this up, the answer will be "I dont know I`am just riding with the other".
It`s like any other Alleycat around the world.
Alleycats are never legal, if its a real alleycat!

I already asked two shops. OK!!! Coz there all friends! They probably sponsor some stuff. Like prices or the BBQ Party......
2morrow i`ll ask the other shops.

Cheers
Jutaro

No names will be anounced. If the police asked how set this up, the answer will be "I dont know I`am just riding with the other".
It`s like any other Alleycat around the world.
Alleycats are never legal, if its a real alleycat!

I already asked two shops. OK!!! Coz there all friends! They probably sponsor some stuff. Like prices or the BBQ Party......
2morrow i`ll ask the other shops.

Cheers
Jutaro
Cheers back:) Think about this a little more, you have posted your name, home town and the shop names on the internet and said you want to organise this race. I think the police aren't that silly that they couldn't find out the organiser IF something bad happened. Good Luck and be careful.

Hi
I think your trying to do the right thing. It's good to organize informal competitions. I thought about organizing an informal time trial competition at Oi Futo. It's challenging to figure out how to do such a competition on an open course. But there should be some way to get into competition without the overpriced difficult races I've experienced here.
Also I'm not against traffic surfing. I think it's safer to traffic surf the local highways than ride the small residential streets. I've had some hard workouts trailing scooters at 48 kph.
But I wouldn't want to traffic surf competitively against other riders. Also I don't live in Saitama.
However, good luck and hope you don't get in any trouble.

Cheers back:) Think about this a little more, you have posted your name, home town and the shop names on the internet and said you want to organise this race. I think the police aren't that silly that they couldn't find out the organiser IF something bad happened. Good Luck and be careful.

Hometown-Yes, Name-No, I never use my real name in the net!!!

Shop names- Yes, But we`re all customers, If someone comes to check.

Why is everyone against Alleycats?

Why is everyone against Alleycats?
they are a selfish form of self expression that lowers the image of cycling. pissed of cops and truck drivers aint what cyclists need. Why do alleycat racers need to be so selfish and break the law? Why not just organise a race that doesn't annoy people or put them in danger?
Oh and your ISP knows who you are.

All comes down to the law.

The cops watch us race on the road every 2 or 3 weeks. We do it almost every Tuesday & Wednesday night.

The cops watched us a few times and once they came up to us and told us to be careful. We follow the road rules as best as possible and always stop at red lights. (except when you can turn left on red without causing a problem).:eek:

As soon as we cause a problem they'll probably tell us to stop.

We look professional. We look respectable. We ride sensibly. We scare away the local bosozoku, skateboard gangs, and late night high school ruffians who use the area late at night too.

It is possible to race on the road if you do it properly.

Alleycat races are usually in built up areas, with traffic and I guess red lights are ignored to a degree.

We do it on new roads in an area with almost no traffic at night. We ride counter clockwise to take advantage of left turns and only cross one intersection. If you can beat everybody here before the lights change you can break away for a lap win. We stop if it's red.

All comes down to the law.

The cops watch us race on the road every 2 or 3 weeks. We do it almost every Tuesday & Wednesday night.

The cops watched us a few times and once they came up to us and told us to be careful. We follow the road rules as best as possible and always stop at red lights. (except when you can turn left on red without causing a problem).:eek:

As soon as we cause a problem they'll probably tell us to stop.

We look professional. We look respectable. We ride sensibly. We scare away the local bosozoku, skateboard gangs, and late night high school ruffians who use the area late at night too.

It is possible to race on the road if you do it properly.

Alleycat races are usually in built up areas, with traffic and I guess red lights are ignored to a degree.

We do it on new roads in an area with almost no traffic at night. We ride counter clockwise to take advantage of left turns and only cross one intersection. If you can beat everybody here before the lights change you can break away for a lap win. We stop if it's red.

That`s how i want the race to be. Try not to break any laws in traffic. And start after the evening rush hour!!! Around 10pm. On Sunday if possible.

FURTHERMORE I think fixies with no brakes are illegal. Not to mention silly in the city off track. Furthermore furthermore I think you should go all PC and just call it a fast "RIDE". Also I did not bring my track bike to Japan. If I go I would be racing for LAST place. As long as I finish before the band packs up I am happy. Keep us posted. You outlaws you.

alleycats may give cyclists a bad name but they are way fun. shredding traffic and stop lights and always being on the edge on control... i guess it takes a special person to enjoy something like that (take special however you want), but i myself love them. set something up in tokyo next time :)

alleycats may give cyclists a bad name but they are way fun. shredding traffic and stop lights and always being on the edge on control... i guess it takes a special person to enjoy something like that (take special however you want), but i myself love them. set something up in tokyo next time :)

If I was 16, 17, 18 or 19 I'd probably be all for them. I used to all sorts of dangerous stuff back then.... The 180 degree hand brake slides in the HK holden for example.:eek:
These days I got a family (plus 2 dogs and 6 puppies) to support...can't do that from a hospital bed or a prison cell.

I guess you could call yourselves the bosozoku of cyling.... brrrrrm brrrrrrm brrrrrrm brrrrrm splat...

If I was 16, 17, 18 or 19 I'd probably be all for them. I used to all sorts of dangerous stuff back then.... The 180 degree hand brake slides in the HK holden for example.:eek:
These days I got a family (plus 2 dogs and 6 puppies) to support...can't do that from a hospital bed or a prison cell.

I guess you could call yourselves the bosozoku of cyling.... brrrrrm brrrrrrm brrrrrrm brrrrrm splat...

180s? wuss! 360s or go home. I remember my cousin teaching me how to do burnouts with the reverse to second gear shift with lots of revs. Alleycats or drafting logging trucks at 60 kmph. Passed a tour bus at 80kms(maybe it was 70) with no helmet when I was 18. Both are fun and inherently dangerous, now I'm more concerned about keeping the truckers and cops on the good side of cyclists. Esp now my family is starting to ride on the road.

Back
Top Bottom