What's new

Pinerello FP2 or Felt F5 ?

The Fizik Arione CX is my saddle of choice. That being said, I think comfort and performance are the sum of the synergistic effect of 4 things, anatomical shape, riding posture, chamois type, and saddle. For me the Arione CX in combination with the Pearl Izumi 3D pad allows me to ride all day (160-200km) with a high level of comfort while using no chamois creme whatsoever. Unfortunately for the wallet, finding the right setup is more of a trial and error process than a science. Good luck finding what works best for you!

The first saddle I bought was the Arione, and I never get soreness with it. The only problem I have is with my new shorts that somehow seem too pinch my ... erm... hairs. It feels like the shorts pull on them and the hair follicles get sore. with my cheap shorts it doesnt happen. I guess its more about the padding material.

On pay day, if i have the cash I will get myself a new saddle, bars and possibly i might just get myself a lovely dura ace crank!

IMHO, the pad shape and density are also quite important. As an example, despite the fact that I love the Windstopper material used in Gore Bikewear's winter bibs, the overly complex shape of the chamois with channels, zones and shapes and what not absolutely chewed me up within 80km or so. I wanted to love them, but at the end of the day the more simply designed Pearl Izumi pad is the right fit for me. At this point, it would take a whole hell of a lot of convincing to make me spend any money trying any other pad. YMMV! :D

Parentini, Rapha, Assos have THE best chamois I have every used. One of the reasons why they are used in the Pro Peloton.

You better be as fast as f**k with all this mad new gear, Taffy.

You're one to talk more bling than and Machester Chav and as much ommphh as vaxhual chevette

Machester Chav;

F_200510_october17e_182897a.jpg

Vaxhual Chevette:

wg-vauxhall-chevette-3.jpg

Oppsss sorry Mate..... thats right with all that Deda Bling your Chevette would look more like this:

1981_Chevette_Rally_Car_side.JPG

Mate highly disapointed that you didn't take the bait or come back with some equally sarcastic comment. :(

Back
Top Bottom