What's new
  • Dear valued Members,

we kindly ask you to post/repost your classified ads to our new Classifieds section. This subforum is now in read-only status. If you still have active ads, repost them to the new Classified section.

Please submit multiple items seperately: one entry for each item you'd like to post.

Thank you!

Sold! Pinarello Galileo FRAMESET or COMPLETE BUILD--CHEAP!!

timefleas

Maximum Pace
Nov 30, 2013
Pinarello Galileo frameset (frame, fork, headset, seatpost)

FRAMESET ONLY
(or)

COMPLETE BUILD

--CAMPY EQUIPPED--

CHEAP!!
INQUIRE NOW IF INTERESTED
Price includes shipping to your door.

For sale is a circa 2004 Pinarello Galileo Road Bike frame set, medium/large, 52x54, with approximately 52 center to center seat tube (56cm center to top), 54cm center to center top tube, aluminum frame with carbon seat stays, carbon Pinarello seat post, Pinarello headset, Pinarello Meta carbon fork with about 2 inches (4 cm) OVER the usual two or so inches for the stem, that can be cut if desired--in other words, a tall post that can be easily adapted for riders of many sizes.

Frameset Only: Y30,000
Complete Bike: Y75,000

And yes, I will listen to REASONABLE offers!! Frameset is available now, complete bike will be available in about two weeks (waiting on a couple of parts.) Both prices cover shipping to Tokyo and vicinity--elsewhere may need a bit more.

Complete bike will be mostly Campy mostly Centaur grade or better with wheelset of Mirage Hubs, Mach 1 Road Runner Rims, Sapim spokes, Continental Grand Prix 4000 tires.

This is the fifth bike I have sold like this--the first three all sold the moment they were offered as a finished unit and this one I sold the mechanicals off of the first time round, just after it was built up. Picts available of all components--can put on compact or regular crankset if arrangements are made before the build is competed. And no, I will not sell the mechanicals separately, though I will put some cranksets and derailleurs up for sale sometime down the road.

The frame is in very nice shape, with the usual scratches, some from other bikes standing beside it, some from an occasional ride--never crashed--straight, solid aluminum/carbon frame--excellent first build for budding enthusiast. Actually, a great keeper for those that don't need or can't afford the most recent $10-15K bike, where this one was perfectly suitable for pros of all levels just a few years ago. Personally, what worked for them then, should work just fine for me now--only selling because I have three other road bikes and just don't need a forth, and it is a bit too small for me.1.JPG 2.JPG 3.JPG 4.JPG 5.JPG 6.JPG 7.JPG 8.JPG 9.JPG 10.JPG

A word about sizing. I am 5'10" and this fits me great with a raised post, but probably best suited for someone around 5'6" to 5'8" or 5'9".

Let me know if you have any questions. I have lots of references on various online forums, bought and sold several bikes here, and am a long time resident of Japan (20+ years)—a professor at one of the nearby universities.

Last edited:
Curses! If I hadn't ordered a new bike for commuting just last week I'd have been all over this!

I've received a couple of private inquiries about whether I might consider parting out the bike--one was interested in the wheelset, another in the frameset. While I would like to run this a bit more as full bike sale, I might consider parting it out--certainly easier and cheaper to ship--don't be afraid to inquire about all possibilities.

Hi
I am looking for a descent set of wheels for my tri bike but my every day racer is getting to the end of it's time here in Tokyo. So thought this might be an option. I'm 6ft 1, 185 cm so a little worried about the frame size. How quick are the wheels?

The wheels spin light and smooth, but honestly, I am not a racer, so I can't say much more than they are very stiff compared to my Eurus (I have three sets) and a few other wheelsets I have, such as the Elan Aero, and an FSA racer set. Of course due to the depth of the rim, there is certainly a noticeable amount of aero to it--holds a straight line great, and carves a smooth semi-wide radius. As for the frame size, honestly I think the bike itself is probably too small for someone over 6 feet unless you ride in the crouched position a lot (I don't).

Thanks for getting back to me. Yes sadly it is going to be too small for me. I'm looking for wheels pretty stiff and able to hold speed at the higher ranges and at a reasonable price. Please let me know asap if you would be interested in selling them.
Cheers

Hi,
Actually I didn't push this one and simply let the listing fall onto the back pages--currently it is hanging on my wall in my bike room--had been thinking of building it up again--but if you are interested at the price as stated, and you live in Japan, it's yours.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom