What's new

Physio recommendations?

Half-Fast Mike

Lanterne Rouge-et-vert
May 22, 2007
My right shoulder is still painful after my Greenline crash on 24th June. Can't sleep properly. Doing my head in.

Any recommendations for a good physio? Japanese/English is fine. Must accept Japanese health insurance. Ideally somewhere near my office in Hanzomon but Shinjuku/Shibuya or in-between also OK. (Don't really want to leave my bike out in the street...)

I have someone in mind, however she doesn't meet your criteria on two fronts, she isn't conveniently located and doesn't accept Japanese insurance. That being said, she is inexpensive and is damn good! She really sorted out my piriformis syndrome and brought me back from absolute agony to good health.

Dr. Ikuko Abe
03-3923-4910
Web Page

Sorry to hear you are still getting bother from your crash.

Not entirely related, but did you manage to get your wheels back into shape or were they a write-off?

Not a crash, but I had a shoulder problem in the spring (gym related), and went to a place in Mizonokuchi. I can recommend it if you are interested. The doctors spoke enough English, and they took an x-ray (I prefer not to have them done) and in hindsight, it was best that they did. They explained I had overused my shoulder at the gym, and how to fix it. It didn't get better overnight (it was so painful I could not sleep too - and that is very unusual for me). Nearly free, and nearby for you I imagine. Let me know if you want more details.

It is called Ando, orthopedic hospital, or at least Ando, is in the name. I will include a map as well. If you know Mizonokuchi (which I assume you do) and the Don Quixote there, I think this map will do. The place a little lower than center.

It is called Ando, orthopedic hospital, or at least Ando, is in the name. I will include a map as well.
Thanks, John. I went there and got myself irradiated and had my atoms stirred up. The X-ray showed what looked like the shadow of a scrape on the bone, but took an MRI just to be sure. Very different result.

Turns out that in my crash I tore the muscle that runs parallel to my collar bone. The muscle has healed, but there is still severe inflammation in the surrounding area, and that is what's causing my limited range of motion and pain. Need to take some anti-inflammatories and chillax.

Me: "But... I cycle to work every day."

Dr: "Then it will not heal."

Me: "Crap."

Cut coffee and cigs too mate. I just saw a pro about a neck injury and they said that anything like that causes Hyper tensive issues.

Also loose the hot baths and get ice on it.

Cut coffee and cigs too mate. I just saw a pro about a neck injury and they said that anything like that causes Hyper tensive issues.

Also loose the hot baths and get ice on it.

44 year old friend of mine died a few days ago... lovely chap. Loved his smokes and beers..heart attack.

My 2 bits on this would be don't cut out the smokes unless you want to. There is a more likely than not chance we are all going to get cancer and die early from radiation/Fukushima, than not... the exercise from biking outweighs the toxins in the fags, and who wants to live to be 100 anyways....

As for the shoulder, yah, chilax! That is what they told me, and I was like... wtf, but sure enough, after a month of doing that, I had full range of shoulder movement again and no pain, so, yah... just do it.

Totally off topic, well, maybe not really, but I finish work at 5:30 tomorrow, which is unusual, and I am due for a few drinks and a pack or two of Marlborough menthol lights (aka reboot session) Anyone know a cheap place near Mizonokuchi, and up for it? :)

feck... can't stop chuckling... jdd... If you know the are and know how to read basic Japanese, I think it is okay. If you need more details, let me know...
You're chuckling about the circuit board thing? Or Peter's predictions of my impending demise?

Gotta catch up on a missed day at work, so won't be up for drinkies tonight. Sorry.

Back
Top Bottom