What's new

Help Photographing a bike

Well, if when you go to sit on the seat there is a pointy thing trying to get inside you bum, you know the seat is upside down. Other than that there is really know way to know if you have built it with the parts the right way up.

Well that is a whole other issue. How am I going to know if I have built it the right way round?

Well, if when you go to sit on the seat there is a pointy thing trying to get inside you bum, you know the seat is upside down.
That is no longer a definitive test.

Essax%20Shark.%20.jpg

I'm in town and may have time this Friday Morning and Sunday evening. Let me know if you want me to tag along....

Well, this thread went downhill fast until Chuck chimed in. I have the same thing in mind as I will build up my dream bike once the last order of parts arrive (TRP hy/rd discbrakes, hmmm). Please share the knowledge as doing some kind of time lapse would be nice.

As with all of my fantastic ideas, it turns out the best man for the job is, in fact, me.

So, here is what I plan to do, with my myriad elite skills.

1. Time lapse photograph the whole procedure, and also standard video it at the same time.
2. Take footage home, analyse, and formulate the basis of a story line so vast, the ghosts of Dickens and Dostoyevsky come screaming down through the black ether, begging me to stop.
3. Ignore the specters, and continue with my fiendish work.
4. Go absolutely mental in Blender, Photoshop, Renoise and Reaper, constructing something so far ahead of anything created by man, in the history of all cinema and story telling, that I get dragged before the intergalactic council for crimes against the hive mind.
5. Talk my way out of that, return to earth and upload it here for all you mincers to not understand, because it doesn't look like that Danny Macaskill video where he back-flips off a giant Glasgow heroin needle, into a black and white skip full of last seasons Rapha spunk socks.

How does that sound?

I would not exactly class Grindr as production software per se; it shares many of the hallmarks, I will admit - late nights, swearing, a steep learning curve and viruses, but unlike those mentioned in part 4, with Grindr I am basically forbidden to publish my results.

..And THAT is how you reply to a comment on an internet forum, ladies and gentleman.

For a time lapse doc of the build I'd go for a tripod setup and not move the camera once for the whole build.

Because TRP are the best in the world at making brakes..... although i'm not very objective about this as I'm sponsored by them.

Well, because TRP does r&d focused on brakes and is ahead of the curve. I don't know if you rode other discbrakes before, but I found Shimano good, but not perfect. Hy/rd is self-centering, dual piston with better modulation than mechanical, that's great. Will go with a lighter brake for the rear though. Still waiting on them, as they are in high demand.

Will do. Ill put a existing shimano CX brake on the rear until something better comes along and I have test ridden the hyrd. I only ever tried 140/160 rotors, but was under the impression, that with 180/203s you should be able to stop a tandem.

If any brakes are stronger than Dura Ace 9000 I dont want them.

Back
Top Bottom