What's new

Phew, that was a close shave.

Sheep

Maximum Pace
Jul 27, 2009
That's usually means acting in theatre. But I don't see what that's got to do with the price of eggs. So perhaps you are using it as a coy euphemism for transvestism. No shame in that. Chap should have a hobby...
Yes, acting, which means playing girls occasionally, and regretting following the method acting approach.

GSAstuto

Maximum Pace
Oct 11, 2009
F*ng A - be a man and put out for a waxing. Then you don't have to deal with the blade, if you know what I mean. Split for the Brazilian and you might even get a reach around.

Sheep

Maximum Pace
Jul 27, 2009
After yesterday, can confirm shaving is good in road rash incidents. Glad it hasn't got hairs stuck in it.

leicaman

Maximum Pace
Sep 20, 2012
I finally decided to take the plunge last night. I bought myself a lady's razor and set to work in the shower. What a told waste of time. It would gunge up with hair after one stroke even with the shower blasting on it. I guess it was mainly due to there being some wires that crisscrossed over the blades. I soon gave up and switched to my manly razor. It was slightly better but after almost 15minutes hacking away, I threw in the towel. I now have half of one leg shaved and the rest au naturel. I'm thinking I might get a few funny looks at the gym tonight.

Yamabushi

Maximum Pace
Jun 1, 2010
I finally decided to take the plunge last night. I bought myself a lady's razor and set to work in the shower. What a told waste of time. It would gunge up with hair after one stroke even with the shower blasting on it. I guess it was mainly due to there being some wires that crisscrossed over the blades. I soon gave up and switched to my manly razor. It was slightly better but after almost 15minutes hacking away, I threw in the towel. I now have half of one leg shaved and the rest au naturel. I'm thinking I might get a few funny looks at the gym tonight.
LOL! For the record, with all the long wiry hair, the first time is by far the most difficult. If you had electric trimmers, it would be better to start with that first, IMHO. Good luck! :p

leicaman

Maximum Pace
Sep 20, 2012
LOL! For the record, with all the long wiry hair, the first time is by far the most difficult. If you had electric trimmers, it would be better to start with that first, IMHO. Good luck! :p
Cheers Pete. I actually ordered some last night from Amazon. Hopefully they will get here tomorrow. Until then I'm just going to claim it's a new take on Rapha's styling ;)

j-sworks

Maximum Pace
Feb 5, 2012
Thats freak'n' classic!!

I think you should truly bare your soul to the group and upload some pics of the first attempt

Sheep

Maximum Pace
Jul 27, 2009

That made my day. Yeah you have to trim first then shave! You wouldn't try to hack through a beard on your face with just a razor would you? (don't answer that).

Anyway, after my recent crash I can definitely say I'm happy I'd shaved, so persevere... after putting pics up of course ;)

Half-Fast Mike

Lanterne Rouge-et-vert
May 22, 2007
leicashave
verb
to solicit advice in public, completely ignore the advice received, and then sportingly publicise the result, possibly for humorous effect

leicaman

Maximum Pace
Sep 20, 2012
Would you believe it. All my cameras have simultaneously broken. Hopefully I will be able to get at least one of them working before the clippers arrive from Amazon ;)

GSAstuto

Maximum Pace
Oct 11, 2009
Would you believe it. All my cameras have simultaneously broken. Hopefully I will be able to get at least one of them working before the clippers arrive from Amazon ;)

What about the LOMO? When all else fails ..

I was trimming up today and the thought struck me that most of the current disposables I get here are basically SHITE. 3 blades, 4 and more. Like friggin Gundam machines - but scrape your skin like Hoogerland's ass through the barb wire. Then I reached for an <nearly> ancient BIC single blade I bought in FRANCE last year. And it was night and day BETTER! Can you believe than a 1 YEAR OLD CHEAP RAZOR from FRANCE, land of the hirsute honeys, would OUTPERFORM the BEST TECHNOLOGY the LAND OF SWORDS has to offer!!? Well, yes it did (and does).

Back to the task - WAX, my friend, WAX. OH, wait - we aren't in Van Nuys anymore --- sigh.. Too bad! Just get a cheap single blade and get the job done!

P.S. Baby Oil works alot better than soap in the first cutting. And after you do the deed, hit them up with some Almond or Apricot Oil with a few drops of Tea Tree Oil to prevent any subcutaneous bacteria. Or - just a mix of Oronine and Olve Oil.

leicaman

Maximum Pace
Sep 20, 2012
GSAstuto Lomo is the devil's work. Only one thing worse , HDR

I'm gonna start paying more attention to the responses from now on. I swear I never saw people mention clippers before but it's there in black and white for all to see. Just a quick question regarding there to stop. Do you guys stop at cycle shorts line? Or go a little higher? Or do the whole thigh too? (and no eyebrow comments Yamabushi ;) )

bawbag

Maximum Pace
Mar 20, 2013
For disposables, the Feather single-blades are tough to beat. They use the same blades as the ones they sell for safety razors, and are incredibly sharp. The lack of other blades means that you're less likely to get insane clogging action.

saibot

Maximum Pace
May 29, 2012
GSAstuto Lomo is the devil's work. Only one thing worse , HDR

I'm gonna start paying more attention to the responses from now on. I swear I never saw people mention clippers before but it's there in black and white for all to see. Just a quick question regarding there to stop. Do you guys stop at cycle shorts line? Or go a little higher? Or do the whole thigh too? (and no eyebrow comments Yamabushi ;) )

Keep going until you feel uncomfortable ;-)
Personally I always do the thighs too since my leg warmers will grip better. And if I'm feeling more bushy than usual, just go to town and do some manscaping… too much information?

leicaman

Maximum Pace
Sep 20, 2012
Keep going until you feel uncomfortable ;-)
Personally I always do the thighs too since my leg warmers will grip better. And if I'm feeling more bushy than usual, just go to town and do some manscaping… too much information?
Ha ha. Nah, no amount of information is too much information ;)

Half-Fast Mike

Lanterne Rouge-et-vert
May 22, 2007
Top Bottom