What's new

Pedal wrench

j-sworks

Maximum Pace
Feb 5, 2012
Hey,

I just moved to Tokyo (Hino) and I want to get a pedal wrench, can anyone suggest a good place to get this at a good price?

Thanks

Hey,

I just moved to Tokyo (Hino) and I want to get a pedal wrench, can anyone suggest a good place to get this at a good price?

Thanks

Any of the Y's Road chain stores will have one

Welcome!

Cheap bastard me - 100yen store usually sells a 'multi tool' that includes a 15mm end - which, of course, fits every pedal in the universe - unless of course you have a pedal that only work with hex key - then they sell hex keys as well (100yen).

Cheap bastard me - 100yen store usually sells a 'multi tool' that includes a 15mm end - which, of course, fits every pedal in the universe - unless of course you have a pedal that only work with hex key - then they sell hex keys as well (100yen).

Hmm I think the Ultegra road pedals are the normal end, so I will check that out (I am on a student budget for the time being so this is perfect)

Shimano pedals use the standard wrench style tightening system, with a hex fitting on the end too (which despite me having forearms like Popeye, I have never managed to use solely for pedal removal).

Off-topic slightly, but I hate this standard style of pedal fixing; the Time pedals I use only have a hex-key tightening system which is much nicer to work with (and easier to get tools for...)

Shimano pedals use the standard wrench style tightening system, with a hex fitting on the end too (which despite me having forearms like Popeye, I have never managed to use solely for pedal removal).

Off-topic slightly, but I hate this standard style of pedal fixing; the Time pedals I use only have a hex-key tightening system which is much nicer to work with (and easier to get tools for...)

Pussy and you give me Sh1t for only being able to bench press the bar! I never use a pedal wrench and only the "ALAN" key to remove mine.

The PD-7900's have a 8mm hex which Shimano recommends that you use. The other Shimano pedals have a different, smaller hex, but Shimano recommends usings a 15mm pedal wrench with those.

Eat your spinach before you have a go :)

Back
Top Bottom