What's new

Pearl Izumi US versus Japan sizing

baribari

Maximum Pace
May 28, 2010
I take it that Japan sizing isn't the same as US sizing... Can anyone tell me what size a US Large is in Japan?

Thanks, that helps.

A US L seems to roughly match up with the Japanese 3L.

I wonder if the fitting is different, though.

I could have sworn my Specialized shorts were actually Mediums... and Specialized doesn't seem to use different sizes around the world, so maybe I should just go with that.

Ys road usually has a large range of PI clothing. They have fitting rooms so you can try them on before you buy.

A lot of manufacturers have a japanese size, short legs and arms and longer torso.

When I lived in Japan I was given racing shorts and top by local cycle shop = Japanese size XL and I am a Europe medium = fit was great , length and waist etc

What is it with clothing sizes these days? When I was at university I was usually an "L". Nowadays I'm either an "M" or "S". Bought a new Rapha top last Saturday (those thieving b@stards, responsible for taking all my money) and it was an "s".

Statistically speaking, people are getting bigger every year.

That still doesn't explain why international companies like Pearl Izumi and Sugoi can't decide on international size standards.

Why is it that they have to make US/Euro sizes bigger than Japan? Does being an L instead of an S make tiny Japanese dudes feel better?

*drunk"

That's the other way around though. Making fatties like me feel like they aren't wearing gigantic sizes.

At least with with the stretchy nature of cycling shorts you can be off by a factor of like 30% and still have them fit in terms of girth.

Japanese pants and shirts, on the other hand, simply don't fit. Period.

I am the other way = only can get clothes to fit in Japan = UNIGLO gets a hammering whenever I come over = long legs and 28 inch waist:

I'm in Fukushima and I still giggled a little... then again, the accident didn't affect me in any way.

Back
Top Bottom