What's new

Pass of the Pine Princess this Saturday

kpykc

Speeding Up
Jun 13, 2007
Hi all,

Here's a ride for this Saturday -

Musashi-Itsukaichi - Kobu tunnel - rt.30 - Matsuhime-toge - Kazahari-toge (Tomin-no-mori) - Musashi-Itsukaichi

It's more than 2000m of total ascent, and the stops will be minimal. Giro de Hotaka is drawing closer and it's time to polish our form :cool:

There is no detailed route (might post it later...)

Start at 9.00 Musashi-Itsukaichi (武蔵五日市) station

Post if you join :)

Dang, how much more "polishing" do you need?? :D

Anyhow, sounds like fun, I'm in.

Joining!

Thanks Sergey for proposing this hardcore-ish route. Looking forward to getting into shape :D for Hotaka! Understood about and 100% behind the minimal stops. Who else is joining? Haven't ridden with deej :cool:for ages...haven't even seen his new weaponry!

count me in

see you all tomorrow, the only polishing I'll be doing though is to the bike when I'm back home

Thomas, TOM, Peter - see you tomorrow at the station!

I would love to go, gentlemen, but I have family duties this weekend (and next weekend, too). Hope I'll be ready for Hotaka!

Have a great time!

Deej

Thank you Sergey for making arrangements and the rest of the peloton for showing up. A superb ride and everyone was super friendly. Garmin tells me I rode 229km with 3,121 meters of climbing. My legs concur. Social masochism in action :D

Cheers,

Philip

Thanks Sergey for the route - the descent in to ItsuKaichi with time for a beer and cake was a great finishing touch.

Just got home. I clocked 266,3km in distance and 3.158m of climbing. I reckon the difference over Philip's stats relates to my final "hillclimb" in Shibuya.

Sergey, thanks for organising! These "non-stop" rides are pretty tough. I wonder how much "non-stop" next week's Threepeaks (hint, hint everyone!) will be.

Peter, thanks for joining, it was nice meeting you! I do look forward to seeing you suffering next Saturday. :D

Philip, it was good riding with you. It's been too long! I am waiting for the day we can share the "après-course" beer. Anyhow, next Saturday, mate.

Tom, what can I say? Today you were riding engulfed in the spirit of your compatriot and cycle god Eddy Merckx: big chain ring all the way. What's your magic potion??

Nishibe-san, thanks for joining! I hope we will see you more often indulging in TCC's "social masochism".

Gentlemen, see you next weekend. :bike:

Merckx??

Tom, what can I say? Today you were riding engulfed in the spirit of your compatriot and cycle god Eddy Merckx: big chain ring all the way. What's your magic potion??

Gentlemen, see you next weekend. :bike:

Big thanks to Sergey first of all for letting us discover this wonderful countryroad 30 over Inume-toge. Reallly enjoyed the company today and felt sorry I had to hurry up to get home by 16:00. Missed the beer at Itsukaichi. Next week for sure! Here is my story.

Thomas, you shouldn't flatter a person like this! To keep my national pride intact I forced myself to stay in the outer ring until passing through the last tunnel...I suffered but thanks to you I am now convinced this riding style suits me best!

Looking forward to more HT rides and keeping my fingers crossed this yearly event takes place this year....:eek:uch:

Looking forward to more HT rides and keeping my fingers crossed this yearly event takes place this year....

Yes, let's hope Kodama-san gets his act together... :eek:uch:

Tom, thanks for showing us the icecubes, very handy for future rides! And congratulations on your new frame, it's a beauty!

Oh, the envy!

Thanks for the accounts, everyone. It sounds like it was the usual blend of pain, camaraderie and fun. Really wish I could have joined. And to think I have to miss out next week as well! Oh, the frustration. But maybe this is for the best, as I think I overtrained for last year's race (although crashing on the first corner didn't help my performance much, either).

Hope to see you guys soon!

Deej

P.S. Tom, kudos on doing Matsuhime in the big ring! My knees hurt just thinking about it.

Sorry, I can't write long reports :p so just big thanks to all who joined - it was fun! A hard route indeed (every ride including Matsuhime from the south side is hard :))
Well then, until next time! :D

Back
Top Bottom