What's new

Pandani bike bag, been using it a lot...

onm

Sep 2, 2009
Alright,

I know Jules has something decent which he is showing to a lot of people, and that looks cool. Nothing to do with that at all and you should all check out what he is doing, but I felt like giving a bit of feedback on the Pandani bag, as I have been using it loads recently.

Bought it on the recommendation of FE (nice one, mate - too much nice stuff on the Pandani site. Kinky Viv West rip offs!). Was around 6-7000yen, so not exactly cheap as chips but whatever.

In use; it is really light. When it is in my back pocket, I can't feel it. Weighs in at 137grams.

For that, you get a main bike bag, and also a front wheel bag.

That is impressive, for sure, but the main thing I love about it is how fast it is to use. As the whole thing scrunches up into a small built in pouch, there is no need to roll it up or anything like that. Just rag it into the pouch, stuff the front wheel bag in and you are done. Well good.

It also washes really well; I have machine washed it with a load of clothes, and it always comes out perfect. The print hasn't even thought about coming off and the shape and zips hold well.

So, if you are in the market for a bike bag covered in garish Westwood stolen designs, or Pandas flying kawaii rockets, this is the one for you.

:D

I reckon the one Jules makes packs smaller though, and is less 'gay'.

pandani.jpg

Thoughtful timing, Owen!

As a close friend of Jules (and therefore biased in the extreme) and having witnessed the hours and passion and blood and sweat and tears (quite literally) the man has poured into his bags, I can say with confidence that his offerings will blow the poncy Pandanis out of the water. :)

"Decent," you say? The Fairmean bags are amazing. And minuscule. And made by a TCCer, not Vivienne Westwood's thieving, crackhead cousin.

But, yeah, I'm biased.

Deej

Thoughtful timing, Owen!

As a close friend of Jules (and therefore biased in the extreme) and having witnessed the hours and passion and blood and sweat and tears (quite literally) the man has poured into his bags, I can say with confidence that his offerings will blow the poncy Pandanis out of the water. :)

"Decent," you say? The Fairmean bags are amazing. And minuscule. And made by a TCCer, not Vivienne Westwood's thieving, crackhead cousin.

But, yeah, I'm biased.

Deej

Very touched by Deej's righteous and absolutely unbiased feedback.

Thoughtful timing, Owen!

But, yeah, I'm biased.

Deej

Wow.

I'll just keep my mouth shut from now on then, eh.

No Owen I think your review is very well timed indeed!

If Jules bags are as good as he says then the Pandani will be the one it needs to beat, I recommended it as it really is the best lightweight bag on the market at the moment.

So if Jules has produced a bag that is better, more robust and easy to use then it's only going to highlight that fact rather than detract from it.

However if Jules or his friends feels that this in some way plays his bag down, well I'm sorry but "if you don't like competition, don't race".

We are doing him no favours with sycophantic loyalty its direct unbiased feedback that Jules needs especially if he is looking to turn this in to a proper business and sell to a much wider audience.

Cool.

Yeah, I didn't mean my post to play against anybody else's efforts at all; the fact that Jules is making a bag just kind of made me realise I have been using mine a lot and thought I would share my experiences with it, that is all.

A review, if you will!

Anyway, I like it a lot, and as I said, I would recommend it to anyone.

Cheers.

Here it is on a train, between Chikako and Pete's bikes.

pandanibag.jpg

Owen I think your review is very well timed indeed!

No, James, the timing was kinda off. For obvious reasons. And "well-timed" requires a hyphen, dammit!

The awesomeness of the Pandani (and Owen presents a compelling argument for why the bag is awesome) is quite beside the point. Therefore, I've reported the theft of Jules' thunder to the proper authorities.

But I wholeheartedly agree with the notion that quality -- and not, ahem, "sycophantic loyalty" -- should be the determiner for prospective buyers. So may the best bag win. Or better yet, may they happily coexist. Like us. :)

Cool.

Yeah, I didn't mean my post to play against anybody else's efforts at all; the fact that Jules is making a bag just kind of made me realise I have been using mine a lot and thought I would share my experiences with it, that is all.

A review, if you will!

Anyway, I like it a lot, and as I said, I would recommend it to anyone.

Cheers.

Here it is on a train, between Chikako and Pete's bikes.

pandanibag.jpg

Oh, I'm not excited about having my forks hanging out all naked...

I would like to point out that I have already pleadge my support for the bag that Jules is making and I would rather my hard earned cash go to a person whom I know and is a member of our community.

However one could argue that by Owen posting about this bike bag it has thrust Jules and his bag (snigger) in to the limelight even more so?

Oh, I'm not excited about having my forks hanging out all naked...

Nah, I just couldn't be arsed to put the bag on properly.

So yeah, as I said, I was only posting this review so that other people who might want a bike bag and fancied something with this kind of design knew how it performed. This is the kind of information I would have liked to have known when I first started looking into getting a bike bag, so just passing on the knowledge.

And also, while it is certainly good to support eachother, and I am sure everyone will do so with what Jules is making, there is no harm in having choices.

If Jules bags are as good as he says then the Pandani will be the one it needs to beat, I recommended it as it really is the best lightweight bag on the market at the moment.

James, how often do you actually rinko?

I have heard other members here complain about the poor Pandani quality and the bad fitting, so I have chosen another maker ... still not satisfied though.

Every product review is welcome, however the timing is a bit ... well ... surprising.

Still waiting...

... for that elusive, "One bag to rule them all!"

20120921_200503.jpg

Hopefully, Jules can provide the solution.
Have already mailed him as well, and am looking forward to trying it out.

Every product review is welcome, however the timing is a bit ... well ... surprising.

Now come on, enough of that. Nothing was meant by it, as I have said several times. I am not affiliated with Pandani in any way, and I have explained why I wrote this review.

You are reading too much into my motives for this.

If I was wanting to stir it up a bit, I would mention that Jules' bag is not actually available for sale yet, so all this moaning is redundant. But I am not, and in my very first post I actually promoted Jules's bag, so shut it! :D

Nah, I just couldn't be arsed to put the bag on properly.

So yeah, as I said, I was only posting this review so that other people who might want a bike bag and fancied something with this kind of design knew how it performed. This is the kind of information I would have liked to have known when I first started looking into getting a bike bag, so just passing on the knowledge.

And also, while it is certainly good to support eachother, and I am sure everyone will do so with what Jules is making, there is no harm in having choices.

Ah I hear that

James, how often do you actually rinko?

I have heard other members here complain about the poor Pandani quality and the bad fitting, so I have chosen another maker ... still not satisfied though.

Hardly ever - but that is besides the point it has no bearing what so ever on this topic/debate so what is you actual point in bringing that up? Is it in some way to discredit any opinion I may have..... shall we check my spelling and grammar in the hope to discredit my opinions and some how make you look superior? - But I actually own 2 rinko bags and hate them both as they are bulky and a PITA to get on the bike so I'm looking for an alternative and like I mentioned on the original thread Jules made about his bike bags I'm very interested in his product

The thing I object to his how firstly Owen is being treated and the preferential treatment some of the members are giving Jules, sorry but he is a manufacturer like any other yes he might be a TCC member but all the same he is looking to eventually sell us a product and make money from those sales - period.

If Tim posted up something about his new wheels and then someone immediately posts about the new Mad Fibre wheels or their latest Mavics do we all start flaming about how it's bad timing? No we don't we get on with the discussion and we give Tim no preferential treatment even though he was prepared to actually give stuff away to TCC members that raced events and got podium finishes.

I respect Jules for what he's doing but sorry for those that think Owen's post is out of order need a reality check, this is an open forum and like Owen has mentioned he is no way affiliated with the company nor the shop that sells them, he posted some time ago that he had purchased one and is now giving us a review on that product - end of story.

I personally would like to see more product reviews on the stuff people have bought and a review section would add to the forums as it really helps people avoid lemons and can often help members make a savvy purchase.

Nice one mate. Totally sums up how I feel about all this.

Really appreciate it.

Hardly ever - but that is besides the point it has no bearing what so ever on this topic/debate so what is you actual point in bringing that up? Is it in some way to discredit any opinion I may have.....

I recommended it as it really is the best lightweight bag on the market at the moment.

Well, the point is that: how can you say it's the best one if you hardly ever used it?

... preferential treatment some of the members are giving Jules, sorry but he is a manufacturer like any other ... - period.

I am fine with that opinion and it's all not a big deal anyway. I don't know Jules personally but as a "fist time" entrepreneur he has my respect and moral support. ... Tim has my respect too but I think he doesn't need so much moral support anymore :).

Back
Top Bottom